Hobbyist Forums banner

8461 - 8480 of 8520 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
If I train it, will it be able to crash as well as me?
Probably, with just a little less style points. ; )

I was digging deeper into these. Amazon has abstracted away all the difficult coding parts of dealing with sensors etc. and have it down to a single Python function. Presumably they'll support more languages in the future.

The function params are things like speed, time on track, distance from left side, distance from right side, and so on. You "reward" the car for getting those params where you want them (go faster! stay on the track!)

The main track requirement is high contrast lines on each side, so I bet bright colored duct tape would do it.

I get that it might be difficult to get a group together and do this at indyrc, and to the carpet etc. I am however curious about doing something with the HRCR club.

Knowing that kids today are often taught coding early, would rather be on a laptop than behind a RC transmitter etc., it might make an interesting opportunity to bring awareness to RC. "Come for the autonomous one, stay for the Slash :wink2: " That's my $.02 anyway.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
If I train it, will it be able to crash as well as me?
Probably, with just a little less style points. ; )

I was digging deeper into these. Amazon has abstracted away all the difficult coding parts of dealing with sensors etc. and have it down to a single Python function. Presumably they'll support more languages in the future.

The function params are things like speed, time on track, distance from left side, distance from right side, and so on. You "reward" the car for getting those params where you want them (go faster! stay on the track!)

The main track requirement is high contrast lines on each side, so I bet bright colored duct tape would do it.

I get that it might be difficult to get a group together and do this at indyrc, and to the carpet etc. I am however curious about doing something with the HRCR club.

Knowing that kids today are often taught coding early, would rather be on a laptop than behind a RC transmitter etc., it might make an interesting opportunity to bring awareness to RC. "Come for the autonomous one, stay for the Slash :) " That's my $.02 anyway.
Sounds like a great STEM activity for kids. A couple of us from HRCR helped put on a school program for kids all over the state who came to Don Schumacher Racing to learn about car set up. It was fun. This would fit right in. 🙂. It was called the TEN80 program: https://www.facebook.com/456519857762819/posts/1465222170225911/

·
Registered
122 Posts
So not a car seat, but I'm going to call it close enough...
Cool man!

I'm sure Mom or the boys wouldn't mind if you cut out the wheels and bottom half of those green things. Looks like the wheel wells would be really close to fitting over the xmaxx. >:)

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Really happy with how the airbrushing on this PROTOform 190mm Ford GT body turned out. It sure took a lot of time! Liquid mask and Faskolor paints throughout. Just the body assembly took a couple of hours to align and tap those 14 holes and bolt them. But she turned out sweet!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Scott Black, after talking airbrushes friday night i did some research. Ive been using .35 needles and getting clogging and dry tip, even after thinning paint. I checked the Pasche VL parts. The medium needle is .75mm! No wonder I've had so much trouble! I'm switching to as large a needle as i can get for my Iwata from now on. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Scott Black, after talking airbrushes friday night i did some research. Ive been using .35 needles and getting clogging and dry tip, even after thinning paint. I checked the Pasche VL parts. The medium needle is .75mm! No wonder I've had so much trouble! I'm switching to as large a needle as i can get for my Iwata from now on. Thanks for your help!
Welcome! This is the set that I have. I've used it for several years now. I use the #3 needle/head assembly. It comes with a #1 and #5 also, but #3 is fine for most paints we use. Nice thing is that it is American made and Hobby Lobby carries replacement parts locally. I use the metal cups. The glass container I use for water to clear/clean with between colors.

Cleaning is a pain. I don't do it until I have to, which is typically when I'm in a hurry and don't have time. LOL This article helps explain: https://www.largescaleplanes.com/articles/article.php?aid=2479

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Still out this week. I was sick last week, and wifey has a work outing thing tonight. Should be back next week for 12th!
We had 5 tonight! The times are getting closer for sure. The temps slowed the track a little, but the racing was good and clean.

·
Registered
447 Posts
This is a update for Steve Martin at the SNOWBIRDS He started 9th in the B main for USGT and finished 7th In 25.5 Touring car he started 4th in the A main and finished 3rd in the VTA A main started 3rd and finished 2nd Not to bad for the FIRST time at the BIRDS

·
Registered
476 Posts
This is a update for Steve Martin at the SNOWBIRDS He started 9th in the B main for USGT and finished 7th In 25.5 Touring car he started 4th in the A main and finished 3rd in the VTA A main started 3rd and finished 2nd Not to bad for the FIRST time at the BIRDS
Suer job by team CAPTAIN!!!!!!

NICELY DONE STEVE

8461 - 8480 of 8520 Posts