Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 8520 Posts

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
INDIANAPOLIS ON-ROAD R/C Racing

Well since the old page we had was closed I decided to open a new one so that we can still post to each other without filling up a pm box.

Jeremiah

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Stop posting here!

Don't you know the thread with the higher count always wins! The other one can never make a comeback!

Arrrght, now I've made it worse...

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, your doing it right. LOL

This thread is not favoring any particular race facility. Just post what ever on road related topic you like.

Jeremiah

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I reported my own post.

Now I wish I could fix Jeremiah's subject line faux pas...

BTW, "Indy RC Racers" was generic too.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Has anyone else checked out the new Team Durango TC yet? I have and it looks very promising. Has all the bells and whistles for under $400. The one thing that caught my eye was the eyelets on the swaybars. Not sure how they keep them from backing off or changing lengths due to vibration or general movement. They look like regular threaded shock pivots like on the XRAY cars threaded to all-thread links.

Jeremiah

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I reported my own post.

Now I wish I could fix Jeremiah's subject line faux pas...

BTW, "Indy RC Racers" was generic too.
I just put Indianapolis in there so it would be easier to find for the local posters or guys looking for where we post.

I hope we can try to not bash or comment on why our old page was stopped and just positively move on towards the future. :hat:

This is our page now. Have at it gentlemen.

Jeremiah

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Just talked to Doug.

They're open and alive and racing is on per the schedule already posted. He assured me they're not going anywhere.

Josh is no longer part of Management, but is still working there Weds. and Thurs. I personally am glad. I always liked him. I liked Rob too. What can I say, I'm a masochist.

Doug cut back hours during the day due to lack of traffic.

I did bring up how the late opening on Friday impacts several on-road racers being able to practice and work on setups and he said "we'll talk about that." I think he understands, just nothing he can do right now. Maybe he'll give Yelle a key? :D

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just talked to Doug.

They're open and alive and racing is on per the schedule already posted. He assured me they're not going anywhere.

Josh is no longer part of Management, but is still working there Weds. and Thurs. I personally am glad. I always liked him.

Doug cut back hours during the day due to lack of traffic during the day.

I did bring up how the late opening on Friday impacts several on-road racers and he said "we'll talk about that." I think he understands, just nothing he can do right now.
That is good news. I hope it is good for Josh as well.

Jeremiah

·
Registered
710 Posts
Of the day's for me to not be able to leave work early (noon) this is the last Friday to get some much needed track time in..

AND...this thread is on page 2 already. LOL

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just a reminder,

If you have something on-road to sell, post it here for the local guys first. Maybe it will help a new racer get into the on-road side of things a little easier/cheaper.

Jeremiah

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Looked like Brian was part owner due to his last post about everyone having time in between rounds to shop Online for RC Part's.

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
I built a new VTA to run in INdy; but due to circumstances I will not be able to run the car. It is a new Associated Apex, new Hobbywing Just stock ESC, new Novak Ballistic 25.5, new Hpi VTA wheels and tires. If interested PM me and I will send pics and give price. My trader rating on HT was 84 with no negatives before Panjo took off the ratings. I also have good ratings on RC Tech, Dirt Oval.com, and E-bay.

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 8520 Posts