Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK -- the race is Sept. 11th and starts at 4PM. From BRP it is about 3 1/2 hours drive to the race.

I think Bud was not going the night before..... Who is going and on what day?

I think I will leave on the 11th and stay that night......

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I'm thinking about it. It starts at 4:00 Indiana time, which is 5:00 Ohio time (I think).

Does anyone know about tires for it? There has been some talk about custome tires for the track.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Depending on where in Indiana...the time in Eastern Indiana does not change to Daylight Savings Time. I heard the only thing that worked on the high banked Oval was Capped tires? Is that true?

Mapquest tells me to expect a 4 hour and 5 minute drive to Lagrange, IN from my house.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
collins77 said:
Anyone have a link for a flyer for this race?
Mike,

I thought it was apparent but it was not...This is linked to the thread:
http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=85827
In fact when I emailed you the other night and didn't reaized I was looking at the entire thread on this page about the Indiana race.
The thread linked has the race announcement and discussion.

Foams work well if you play with the compounds. For BRPs you will see
the setup being used by DWBryan...
It is interesting to see harder rear tires needed.
I didn't realize Bud made Orange rear tires.

Racing there would give you a shot at Bud and several Cleveland area BRP racers. It would also give the Indiana and Cleveland crowd a sample of fast Micro RS4 racers... (Well, Penguin chassis and micro hop-ups to run the Speed 300.) Naturally you would be racing Mod class.

I think this will give you a rough idea of the way to get in the ballpark
Using the E Us Highway 20 & N 300 E, Lagrange, IN as the destination.
http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&un=m&2tabval=address&1n=Montgomery&cl=EN&ct=NA&1v=CITY&1tabval=address&1y=US&1a=&1c=Dayton&1s=OH&1z=&1ah=8wjWGWVvVg7zj%2b9kArd2SOeBaiyEhDSgFbG667vjZ8K6cz66uVvv%2b9FenJ5ivKLH&2y=US&2a=US+20+and+CR+300E&2c=Lagrange&2s=IN&2z=&2ah=&idx=0&id=41251e46-00323-0272a-cdbcf374&aid=41251e46-00324-0272a-cdbcf374
Dayton (center) to LaGrange ( E Us Highway 20 & N 300 E)
3.5 hours...
The Schoolyard website in the other Hobbytalk thread will give you directions from LaGrange.

RAFster
David

·
Registered
528 Posts
:cry: I will not be able to make it. It will be to close to my wifes due date. With my luck, I will get down there to race and have to turn around and high tail it back for my little girls arrival. :roll:

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Micro_Racer said:
So Who Is Going????????????????
At this point, I am certainly preparing. I ordered two sets of tires per DWBryan's specs, but Wil doesn't seem interested. Teenagers! He's starting to discover other, and ultimately more expensive, things. :cool:

·
Registered
438 Posts
I grabbed this from the other forum.
"
I personaly run a soft brp green on the LF and a box stock blue on the RF... and I get the best results with orange on the rear... I got the record of 31 laps in a 4 min run with that tire setup.. I think I had a blue spring on the RF and a orange on the LF, blue box stock on the motor pod.
Driver that have a 10t pinion can use it... but 10t is a high as you can go... 1 driver here has a 44t spur that bud use to carry running with a 10t pinion and he does pretty good, keeps up with me running a stock 45t with a 10t pinion... he got a 30 lap run.

WAZZER
In my only outing in July, I ran "Da Track" setup on my SC-18, hard orange fronts and long wear green on the rear, stock orange springs, and a 9 pinion, 48 spur combo and did 30 laps. So I know that would at least get you in the ballpark. I did have to dial out almost all of the steering, the banked turns will let you do that. If not, the slightest over correction on the wheel results in a spinout.

DW has a whole lot more time on the track than I do, so next time out I'm gonna try his tire set up. See if it will get me in that 31 lap range.

Yea I can get it around the track with the harder compounds on the front.. but it sure seems more touchy. the softer on the RF made it a lot more forgiving for a smoother turn.
It has been asked how many classes are racing that day. Im letting Nitro Trucks and Electro Trucks race, BUT 1/18th has priority!
When 1/18th is ready they race.... Example say we have 20 1/18th scales, & 10 nitro trucks & 5 electro trucks... 1/18th will be 1st up 10 & 10 then the others but say electro truck is next but the 1/18th is also... 1/18th will race and after them the Electro trucks can get one in and so on.
This will let the 1/18th do it all before the night gets too long for long haul drivers.
With 20 enterys we can be done in 2 to 2 1/2 hrs.. racing 4 races per driver entered.
I REALLY had a good time when I drove all the way to Acron.. but 2 am in the morining was a rough drive home ( especially since it was close to a blizzard) LOL
So I figured this way would be best for the 1/18th scale drivers.

This place is real EASY to find... get on US20 in Indiana and head west untill you come into LaGrange County... just count down the county roads untill you come to cr300e.. you found the place... Im right on the corner of us20 and cr 300e.
just drive up in the rear of the place and the track and facilities are right there. ;)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
To those that are comming via the toll rd. there are 2 good ways to get here depending what your preference is.
#1 Get off of the last exit (#2) in ohio (cr. 49) and head west approx 30 mi.
Oh to In 2 mi.
In line to Angola 10 mi.
Angola to Lagrange 20 mi.
Keep going west till you get you get to the town of Plato (both houses and a church) @ approx 25 mi. from the toll rd. (only 2 mi to go) from there you will go over hill the track will be on the left approx 1/4 mi. more.
#2 Keep going on the toll Rd. into In. go to the 2nd exit in In. @ exit 121 the Howe/Sturgis. Head south to Lagrange via Howe. Go to the light turn left, east 3 mi. to track.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Schoolyard

the track is 3 mi. East of Lagrange on the south east corner of the intrsection. Look for the school house. The track is in the backyard.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I didn't realize Bud made Orange rear tires. I knew he made Greens and Blues. Did you have Bud make you some Orange rears?

RAFster

1 - 20 of 75 Posts