Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mark your calender for Sun. Sept. 5th willbe the Indiana outdoor dirt oval state championship race. Mon. Sept 6th will be the rain date. Track opens at 9a.m. practice starts at 10a.m. with racing starting at 12noon sharp!! Entry fee is 15.00 dollars and 5 for a additional class. Pay early and save 5dollars for you first entry. Trophies will be given out in each class. Classes are as follows;
EDM- stock motors only roar approved
Latemodel-open motor
sprints- open motor
novice stock only
truck stock only
Hotels in lebanon Indiana 15 minutes away.
NO ONSITE HOBBY SHOP so bring spare parts.(we haven't broke much since we opened, but you nener know.)
Limited indoor pit spaces available. Sign up early to reserve a spot.
Power is available.
No huge campers please.
Rules for the classes are on the website. When in doubt ask and we'll answer it the best of our knoledge.
A sign up sheet will be available soon on our website. Watch for updates.
Food will be on hand. Also a pizza place is down the road a bit. Looking forward to seeing some new faces, and crowning the champions.
Thanks;
Paul Huntington
President
www.geocities.com/advancespeedway
:wave:

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
Go Guys

Go Paul

Wish I could be there; but that is the same weekend as the Indiana State Offroad Race at Lynn at Uncle Joe's RC World.

Maybe next time.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
there's been some debate about that. tell u the truth we tries 3 different size pins on the track. we found the the street, and custom works tires were faster. i hate for people to buy new tires, but 4 tracks between indy, and illinois run the same rules, so i see no change is needed. i myself have to buy tires for different tracks. i don't think they cost that much. also the street tires do not wear out as fast. we got guys with two years on their tires. please don't let tires stop anyone from comming out for a good time. we found that the road hog, and striker prolines have the best results. tire softner is also illegal, but i allow guys to use simple green.

also i fogot to mention the town festival will be happening the same time. so alot of food, games, rides, bands, and a parade will be happening.
thanks;
paul huntington

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
another thing. we will be open the 15th, and 22nd. the 22nd will be the warm up race. we will be closed the 29th do to the velo nats. i owe greg some help. he helped me out alot.
thanks;
paul huntington

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
to everyone making the trip. there will also be a hog roast. also everyone needs to be at the track by or before 9:00am. the town is closing the street down(I75) around 9:30 am. please make sure u make it in time. pre-entries should be up on our web site soon.
thanks;
paul huntington

·
Registered
382 Posts
MK Race said:
You guys staying with your tire rules?
MK, the good thing about ADVANCE is that if you need tires, more than likely someone has a extra set. I have 3 sets of tires for trucks myself. I use the strikers on the truck. Dont let the tire thing stop ya.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Ok here is the rundown for the Indiana Outdoor State Championship Race.

Novice- TQ Kyle Barton
A Main results
1 Kyle Barton 44 5:04
2 Logan Hayes 41 5:03

Stock Truck- TQ Paul Huntington
A Main Results
1 Kevin Blankship 100 14:14
2 Matt Thompson 100 14:18
3 Paul Huntington 95 14:18
4 Mike Castor 87 14:18

2WD EDM - TQ Brad Hayes
A Main Results
1 Jerry Barton 100 12:51
2 Mike Castor 99 12:51
3 Chris Thomas 95 13:15
4 Jacob Newlin 84 12:17
5 Brad Hayes 44 8:07

2WD Late Model- TQ Paul Huntington
A Main Results
1 Matt Monroe 100 8:41
2 Mark Faron 100 8:44
3 Tom Crose 98 8:47
4 Mike Faron 95 8:43
5 Brian Huffer 93 8:45
6 Paul Huntington 75 7:25

There's the results folks! Again thanks to all that showed up especially the IL guys it was fun racing with you BTW there was a radio left at the track so check your gear and get in touch with Paul Huntington if it's yours. Again I hope everyone had a good time!!! Pictures will be up on our website soon :thumbsup:
Jerry Barton

1 - 12 of 12 Posts