Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
340 with 727 Tourqeflight
2,928 Posts
What...no Saturns? :rolleyes:
All kidding aside, what about Plymouth? I'm at work, so I do not have access to my pictures.
Hey, my wife drives a Saturn! :p Actually, it's just a Traverse with different badges on it.

Yes, let's not forget the greatest of the departed (IMO), Plymouth:

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
I thought Hummer was bought up by some Chinese company. If so, they aren't gone, just no longer GM. Either way, it is not a brand I would miss.
The Chinese deal fell through. Just as well, because that would have been weird. I won't be missing the Hummer brand either. The original Hummvee/"H1" was the only product under that brand name that mattered anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
Hummer Brand is still owned by GM. (so is Pontiac, Olds, Saturn). While I love my Hummer H3, Pontiac is the only one I'd really like to see them bring back..............just not going to happen any time soon.

Don't knock the Hummers, my H3 has 73K miles and never went in for a dime of warranty work. In 73K miles I've only changed the oil, tires once (the original set lasted 62K miles!) and the brakes. It still has the original battery!

Those 73K miles include two kids that used it for high school everyday, one of them using it as a pizza delivery truck for two summers; and me towing a race car to tracks all over the county. It also has seen about 10K miles on the streets of Manhattan, which is like 10K miles in Baghdad because they are so torn up.

I love that truck, it's been good to me! I traded in a Range Rover on the H3, the Range Rover was so bad that I used up my AAA tows-per-year limit by June one year. Not to mention the H3 inline 5cyl is getting almost double the fuel mileage of the Range Rover.

73K miles of kids, pizza delivery, towing and NYC streets with no issues is hard to pass up. The H3's may not be pretty, but mine runs like a top. GM should reconsider this vehicle, and just sell it under the chevy/gmc truck lines.

Steve
Global Diecast Direct
www.globaldiecastdirect.com
Proud Sponsors of Hobby Talk!

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
To my High School Favorite... Mercury

and on to my olden days to come I'll always have memories from the Comet, Cyclone,Maurader,and of the Mercury Cougars......So the list goes on....See you all in my next life.....:(

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
and on to my olden days to come I'll always have memories from the Comet, Cyclone,Maurader,and of the Mercury Cougars......So the list goes on....See you all in my next life.....:(
[I MG]ht tp://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad98/1960cam1/164DiecastCollections05-06-201117.jpg[/IMG]
Check out this weeks photos in the 1:1 section on my update with this weeks pics from the Bear Mountain Car Show Thread, there were 3 comets including a cyclone

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Here's one to Plymouth. I think this one looks a bit ghostly with it's white paint job, so I felt it a fitting one to use for a pic.

AMC, gone but certainly not forgotten.

A salute to Pontiac with my GL Two-Lane Blacktop wannabe GTO.

While it's not a recently departed brand, I still think DeSoto deserves a mention. I've always liked them myself. Here's 2 I found today.

(I can think of a few more I can do but I need to go to bed now instead of messing with this lol.)

1 - 20 of 103 Posts