Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought I'd post my favorite from my collection:

It required a donation to the Shelby Foundation a few years back. There was only 1,000 Cobras made like this for Mr. Shelby's 80th B-Day. Only 170 of the 1,000 were put into these "Shadow" boxes. I just got lucky and read a post on HWC.Com back then and got mine in before they stopped taking orders for them. :thumbsup: Authentic signature by the man himself!

Man it's hard to take a decent picture of it!

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Nice diecast.... Was the Cobra sold on Barrett Jackson sold for charity or for profit for Barrett Jackson? :confused: :confused:

:cool::thumbsup:---Midnightrun---:wave:

·
Lookout the Mac is Back!!
8,413 Posts
Nice Mike, I have just the car by itself

It was sold for Carroll's Charity, but of course B-J got their share I would bet - 10% buyer and 8 % seller commision.. ok, they wave the 8% seller for Carroll... still 10% of 5 million? $500,000.00!!

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Thats a Super Sweet Cobra Mike!
a gem in any collection.
Seeing that Supercharged Cobra on the block was
odd, because I thought that was THE car Mr. Shelby would take to the grave.
Made me get my old Bill Cosby Record out and listen to it.
(200 mph). great stuff.

·
Banned
231 Posts
Actually the charity received all the proceeds of the sale and BJ donated their fees. It's also 8% on both sides for seller and buyer.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
That is nice, Mike! I did not pursue that car since it was just so close to the then recently released HOF car, but I did not know about the "framed" one, here. Congrats! It is a very sweet, rare piece! :)

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I'd have to admit that's one sweet piece of diecast! :thumbsup: Now if someone would make that limited edition Supercharged Cobra...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts