Hobbyist Forums banner

Impy '59 Chrysler Imperial

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  terry9911 
#1 ·
One of my favorites.

Got this long ago custom in a lot of cars I bought awhile back. I always thought it looked pretty cool just the way it is. Perfect demo derby car. Love the bullet holes in the windows.

See less See more
#5 ·
Great pix - that's one of my all time favorite castings. I think the one I had as a kid was a more pale metallic blue (but maybe not).

Just for the record, I think this one's intended to represent the 1963 model. You can tell by the smoothed out rear fins. That was a combination of Virgil Exner's (just fired) and Elwood Engel's (just hired) styling ideas. I came this close to buying a 1/1 a few years ago, but just didn't have enough space to park it.

Is the green interior version rare? I haven't seen it before.

Really cool blister design, too. Thanks for posting it.

#10 ·
Good eyes, LMX; I noticed that, too. I was wondering if they ever really produced it; thx 4 the pic.

I think it's the one with the Desoto-esque tailights, right?

I was lucky enough to see a black & silver one at a concours when I lived in CA. They look insane when you consider that it's a RR! Definitely a What-Were-They-Thinking styling job. I still like 'em though.

#12 ·
I had that Impy Rolls Royce when I was younger. Mine was silver and had a center hinged hood. Still haven't located a replacement yet. Always loved the jeweled headlights.
Guess I was a little off on the year of the Imperial, too many "19 shows in 21 days" in my early years :freak:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.