Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my favorites.

Got this long ago custom in a lot of cars I bought awhile back. I always thought it looked pretty cool just the way it is. Perfect demo derby car. Love the bullet holes in the windows.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are both mine. I just got the mint kinda in the package, the blister is torn on the side. Don't know if it happened in shipping or if it was like that. Didn't matter to me cause the car is mint and I was going to open it anyways.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
Nice car. I can never get enough of Impy's.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Great pix - that's one of my all time favorite castings. I think the one I had as a kid was a more pale metallic blue (but maybe not).

Just for the record, I think this one's intended to represent the 1963 model. You can tell by the smoothed out rear fins. That was a combination of Virgil Exner's (just fired) and Elwood Engel's (just hired) styling ideas. I came this close to buying a 1/1 a few years ago, but just didn't have enough space to park it.

Is the green interior version rare? I haven't seen it before.

Really cool blister design, too. Thanks for posting it.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
BF is right, it's a '63.
I absolutley love that beat up one you have there!
I have a white police car version of that model.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Hey Lummox, welcome back from your tour. How was it? Wisht I could've stopped in to hear you guys, but it was just a few too many hundreds of miles away. Hope you had a blast making lots of good memories!

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Thanks man! It was fun for the most part, many hours stuck in the van though but it went really well. About 19 shows in 21 days...whew!!! My liver is getting a much needed brake! :drunk:

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Good eyes, LMX; I noticed that, too. I was wondering if they ever really produced it; thx 4 the pic.

I think it's the one with the Desoto-esque tailights, right?

I was lucky enough to see a black & silver one at a concours when I lived in CA. They look insane when you consider that it's a RR! Definitely a What-Were-They-Thinking styling job. I still like 'em though.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had that Impy Rolls Royce when I was younger. Mine was silver and had a center hinged hood. Still haven't located a replacement yet. Always loved the jeweled headlights.
Guess I was a little off on the year of the Imperial, too many "19 shows in 21 days" in my early years :freak:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts