Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any chance Greenlight may get into doing some of the cars from the import scene,Personally i drive a 2008 Mitsubishi EVO & have the replica that is only available from hotwheels,I do like all kinds of cars (muscle,imports,super cars etc...)but with only collecting Greenlights now i would love to get that stuff too such as a new Nissan GTR, & others.

·
Registered
750 Posts
i dont think so. And no offence to import guys but i hope greenlight never makes them.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Tomica Also does the Evo. U can find them on ebay, but I personally think that the HW version is better. As for GL Making Imports, Im totally for this. I love Muscle cars and find myself always butying them plus GL does a FANTASTIC job with them. That said, I do feel they are over produced, so the Import thing is a great Idea. Also check the Motor world Series. Although these are rebranded High speed Castings, They are still Pretty com IMO!!! They Have 2 Lambo's 2 Porsche's A Jag etc!!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
i dont think so. And no offence to import guys but i hope greenlight never makes them.
I agree!!!!! The only form of import I would like to see is maybe a seperate line devoted to high end Euro cars... maybe! No offense meant to the import guys, but please GL stick with American cars!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I'd agree with Mike and the other comments posted. If you make any non US iron GL, shoot for classic EURO cars. JL already tried to have several series of imports and failed. They were pegwarmers for months.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I like the EVO X myself and working at a Mitsu dealer I get to drive one here and there. But back on topic I hope GL stays where they have built a following. I have seen few companies that survived an Import expansion.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I don't want any imports either; there's a lot of domestics that have never been made in model form. And just when G/L is finally making some neat pickups the last thing I want to see is a Mitsubishi, not even a D50 or Plymouth Arrow pickup.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
The only imports I would want to see would be the 70's 240Z & RX7. There are still plenty of American made muscle cars that Greenlight can do before they try the import scene.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
The only imports I would want to see would be the 70's 240Z & RX7. There are still plenty of American made muscle cars that Greenlight can do before they try the import scene.
This is worth repeating, "There are still plenty of American made muscle cars that Greenlight can do before they try the import scene".

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Guess i will look to the other company's for any inport stuff i might be looking for,As for anything else i will look to Greenlight first,Picked up 3 more last night at TRU,Thanks

·
Registered
618 Posts
This is worth repeating, "There are still plenty of American made muscle cars that Greenlight can do before they try the import scene".
And worth repeating yet again...

"There are still plenty of American made muscle cars that Greenlight can do before they try the import scene"

No offense to the import guys...:wave:

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Although the EVO AND STi deserve every bit of repect they get on today's streets I doubt you will see GL doing them anytime soon. My folks and "some" friends have told me "you should see Europe!" but I always reply that there's too much here I haven't seen! Call it close minded but that's sorta the way I see my diecast. There are tons of beautiful American cars out there that have either never been done or never been done justice in 1/64 scale. Gl has done a great job of weeding through the overproduced mass appeal cars and produced a few real gems. Cases in point include the older trucks, the new Javelin casting, the 69GTX for sure, the Galaxies, Buick GS, and others. I hope GL will continue to bring us these types of cars in the future, there are tons more that fit this category out there. As for imports in the future? Maybe one day when all the good US castings have been done but that's a LONG road.

·
Registered
300 Posts
import

I would love to see a 1st Gen CRX ('84-87). Make it stock, not "rice". That is where JL failed. Too cheesy "rice" flavored. A bit JDM style might be ok.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts