Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has not been a good year. We have experienced serious problems with raw materials from a subcontractor which deeply disrupted our deliveries since summer, an issue still not completely resolved.

Worse, a serious health crisis (terminal) is now affecting my family. LightSheet is a small company, I have most of the responsibilities of operation and I am simply not able to adequately perform them at this time. I will complete in-process orders as I can. Anyone who has been waiting on an order can cancel, no problem and no hard feelings. Beyond that, we are suspending normal operations until things have settled. No new orders will be taken. We will continue to send information in response to inquiries, anticipating a return-to-service in a month or so.

Thank you all for your business and support.

Mike Emery
LightSheet Systems

·
Oxidation Genius
31,363 Posts
Best wishes, Mike. Don't worry about anything but family - that's what's important.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Hey Mike, like John said you worry about your family first that is what IS Important. I do hope and pray that things go as well as possible for you and your family. You have my prayers.

AZbuilder
John Davis

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
Sorry to hear this Mike.

About the business; I'll still contact you when I need specialty lighting. If you're up and running great. If not don't worry about it...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for your support.

Just an update, I will try to fill urgent orders (*you* know if it is or not....!) and TV/film projects and services as quickly as possible, events permitting. I don't mean to leave anyone in the cold, but I need to prioritize as well as somehow pay for the heating bill this winter!

Thanks again,
Mike

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Just found this thread while doing a search on Lightsheet.
Hope everthing is going well with you and your loved ones now.

Do you have a website for those interested in your products, TrekFX?

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Just realized this thread is a little dated.
But everything above still stands.

I still wish you and your family well and I'd like to know more about what you currently have available, TrekFX.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
It's more than a little dated, it's more than a YEAR old.

I think Mike's back up to speed by now.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
^^^

I know. Almost 6 years. Sorry about that. I had paid attention to the date on first thread I had looked at but not all the others. My fault.

I hope so. I saw him log in but he didn't comment. :confused:

If everything's okay with his supply now I'd rather give a little business to a hobbytalk member then some impersonal company. I asked about ordering about 3 years ago and was told he was temporarily down. Tried again about 2 years ago and got the same answer. :(

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Don't worry, Chuck. Mike's using "TrekFX" as his sign in now and just posted last week in the "How many days...Scorpion" thread.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
It worked before. Go to the Members List and look it up manually - T, page 27

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
The link above is dead but I looked him up via the membership list using the handle and sent an email.

I had recognized the TrekFX monicker a little while after I made the initial new post here(I had continued to research newer threads with the word "Lightsheet" in them and noticed he was more recently using the TrekFX moniker, but didn't think to click on his name when I saw him log in this morning. Was expecting he would reply before logging out. But unlike myself he may have been busy at the time.

Thanks Ziz! :thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts