Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have ever wondered whether we, as racers, ever impact people by our actions or our words, rest assured we do.

As I sit here on this Sunday morning, my son, Ruedi, is playing with his Hot Wheels and he is creating names for racers..., or is he really creating them?

I hear him shout out:

"Here comes Bob Elliott! Watch out, he is really coming through the field!"
"Jim Wolfe is crashing again! That is his third crash today."
"Robert (Belonga) you need to slow down! You are going way too fast!"
"Butch is racing hard into the corner" (Mind you, this is a straight sectioned Hot Wheels track, but this is where some of the creative mindset is coming into play)
"Doug broke is car!"
"Greg Hilber wins again!"

It is interesting and fun to hear Ruedi being creative; it is additionally interesting to hear him capture a lot of what is taking place at the quarter scale track when he is in attendance.

Thank you to all of you who have a positive impact on others at the track. I appreciate your participation and love of quarter scale racing.

JB
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
546 Posts
Your welcome and thank you for the great job you and dmp do and make shere to say hi to ruedi for me call me. Some times a small gester makes a big impact my kids are the same way.

·
Registered
342 Posts
No matter what level at a sport or hobby you are part of....you are a role model...behave that way. 99% of the q-scalers I have met over the years were gentlemen on and off the driver's stand.

Larry

·
Registered
718 Posts
LMAO.... I have the same thing at my house....its not Gordon, Johnson, and Earnhardt but Jon Mason, Jeremy and Pappy....lol....my son luvs what we do and the influences these guys make on him is priceless.....6

1 - 9 of 9 Posts