Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody!
Finally back online ( though I'll be disconnecting in a littl bit to tryto hook my DSL router thingy), I'm so far behind now that I fear I won't be able to catch up.
I HAVE SO MISSED YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope y'all haven't forgotten me :cry:

My semi evil labratory is not up and running yet, but as soon as I can, I'll be turning out the PIPiest PIPs ever frm my new headquarters in Portales New Mexico!!!!!

Things are going well for us,we're slllooooooowwwwwwwlllllyyyy getting unpacked (accidentially got jobs, slowed the unpacking WAY down! :lol: ), Mary and I are both working for Hampton Farms peanuts, the official peanut of Major League Baseball (and don't you forget it!!!!!!!!!!), she works in quality control and I'm what they call a "utility man" (which means basicly that I'm a janitor being trained to operate at any open position in the plant), in a few weeks they'll switch me to nights so I can learn to operate the roaster.

The jobs I've done so far;
janitor
box maker
packer
sorter (sorting sticks, rocks, etc. out of the peanuts as they exit the roaster, this is actually the job Mary does, but we work different shifts)
ditch digger
ditch filler
assistant to the maintainance man
unloading trucks
loading trucks
cattle wrangler (a calf wandered onto our property from an adjacent farm, and it fell to me to help her find her way home)

Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers, and your kindness in words and deeds, it would have been much harder if not for my friends here at Hobby Talk.

I'm having a contest, which I'll post in a seperate thread, kind of a "thanks for caring" contest.
Love you guys,
John
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Good to hear from you!!! Sounds like things are looking up, its good to hear!

Sounds like quite a job you got going there, at least it keeps things interesting!

·
Mustang Collector
4,091 Posts
Who is this Squirrel and why is he stupid?????

Just kidding. How could we ever forget you? Welcome back.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Hi John :wave: Glad to hear you and yours are settling in and doing allright. Can't wait to see some new creations, but with as many hats as you wear at work, I'm wondering if you'll ever find the time to PIP again :tongue: :wave:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Welcome Back

Hello John, You might not know me Jeff AKA Zinger Freak. I'll jump right in and say welcome back!!! :wave: I have been watching your post along the way. Hope things went well on your journey & best wishes on your next treck in you & your Wife's future. Hope you don't get tangeled up in your computer connections :p Jeff

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Ahoy!

Great hearing from you, John. Glad to hear things are falling into place.
Rich (carnut) and I got together this past Saturday and your name came up in conversation. Looking forward to once again reading your posts and viewing your PIP masterpieces! Welcome back! :wave:

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Hey SS! Glad to hear that your starting to get settled in, and how your first lesson on becoming a cowboy went! If you talked to your bro lately you know the weather here has really sucked. Guess it all worked out for the good huh? Take it easy. :wave: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Sounds like you have things well in hand now! Glad to hear your transition has been keeping you busy - and employed!! Continued good luck SS!

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Great to see you back, SS! Glad you and Mary are getting a good start, keep the faith. Lots of people pulling for you, and no doubt many of us will be ordering extra peanuts at the ballpark this coming season ;)

Good luck getting unpacked and settled, and getting back into the rythem of things. can;t wait 'till the shop starts crankin' out the PIPs again!

God bless.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
John, we did miss you.
There's always something interesting going on with you and Carnut around.
'Squirrel + 'Nut; there definitely must be a connection.

In your job occupations, you forgot to mention "product sampler".
Very best wishes and much success with your new endeavours.

Cheers. Cobra

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
I think there must have been some kind of devine intervention. Imagine a squrrell working with peanuts! I think there is something fishy here! Welcome back John.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Lpgeoteacher said:
I think there must have been some kind of devine intervention. Imagine a squrrell working with peanuts! I think there is something fishy here! Welcome back John.
Or Something Nutty :tongue:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts