Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May 4th, 5th, and 6th Rockingham Dragway will host the 1st Annual IMDRA Spring Nationals. An event show casing the talent and speed of Radio Controled Drag racers from accross the US and Peuto Rico. Classes included will be both Nitro and Electric versions of the Top Fuel Rails and Funny cars, Pro Mods , Pro Stocks, Extreme and bracket classes... to name a few....

With well over 100 racers expected. This should be one of the great R/C Drag events of the year.With Rockingham Dragway producing some of the fastest fields in the IHRA the same is expected at the IMDRA event.

Stay tuned for announcements concerning the schedule, sponsors and other events at the Dragway the same weekend coming soon. For more information on R/C Drag racing check out www.imdra.com or www.rcdrags.com or conttact me at [email protected]

Special thanks to Steve Earwood of Rockingham Dragway for his suport for the event......

Billy Weeks

Rockingham Speed Products

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We will also have a display during the IHRA Spring Nationals on April 20th, 21st and 22nd... any one headed to the IHRA national event stop by and say hello....

Billy

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone into drag racing headed to the IHRA Spring Nationals att the ROCK.. we will have a booth set up woth the r/c drag cars to pro mote the IMDRA event in a few weeks.... stop by and say hello..

Billy

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We had a great showing at the IHRA Spring Nationals for the IMDRA race.... and it continues... i will be on the R/c Racing Radio Show tomorrow night the 25 to talk about the race... so check us out..

http://www.racetalklive.com/

also if anyone would like to see some photos from the IHRA promotion.. below is a link.... We had people standing 8 and 10 deep at one point... we never believed the response would turn out the way it did...

at one point the IHRA told us we had the best display on the midway..... when asked to explain... they judged it by traffic for the booths set up by all the particapants.... They told us.. when we can out draw a booth of half naked ladies selling raffle tickets for a chopper ( several times we had 30 to 40 people around.. and they had no one)... we were the hit of the midway....lol...

http://www.promodsource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8171

Also don't forget.. our event is free to the public and is on the Rockingham Drag way grounds.. for directions to the dragway go to www.rockinghamdragway.com ... they will also behaving the yearly Drag Bike grudge match races..

we have planty of spots for some sponsors that would like to promote their products to a noon r/c group of close to 30,000 people for the weekend.... get in touch if you would like to take part....

Billy

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hada great day of racing .. well practice.. no rain at all... stay tuned... i wore out...!!!

Billy

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Race weekend was cold windy and a bit wet at times.. but still went on with the show.. the weather held off on the crowd of racers and spectators... but we still had a great weekend...

National records in many classes were set... soon as i confirm them i will post up... and some pics and and a report coming.....

Billy

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Mike.. we will back in the same spot in June at Rockingham Dragway for the IMDRA Regional series... in front of the 8k expected for that one day Freedom Fest event..... Should be awesome with the same track prep..... and the air is always good for power in the nitro cars....

Billy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts