Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received these images from AW and wanted to share them.
I am still taking pre-orders on my web site but inventory will sell out Fast!

Also, received word from AW that these two releases - due in on May 10th, will be the last releases for the CLAM style packaging.

In future releases, AW will still make two different colors per vehicle but instead of one of each color, AW has decided to RANDOMLY release the colors in the cases.
This means that you may order two inner cases and still not get both colors of a certain vehicle. This will go for master cases too! No guarantees as to what you will get when ordering in case lot. Looks like I will be busting open all my cases to fill orders!

Last, no whites in the new releases either....new chase style will be included but no word as to what they look like or what the difference will be.

Thunderjet 500 :

X-Tractions:

·
Geico ad . . . Offensive?
6,709 Posts
Wow -- just when I was paying my credit card down. :rolleyes: I see quite a few cars I like, namely the Mopars, the Ford GT, Ford Talladega and T/As.

Too bad about the clamshell -- seemed handier for retailers. It's all just landfill fodder in the end anyway I guess.

I GOTTA get the guys I race with to run some X-Tracs and TJets now that the dodgy build quality has been fixed (at least to a much better degree than the old JL TJ & XT releases).

Can't wait. :thumbsup:

'doba

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Much as I like the torino, whats with the wrong-O stripe? Its not a total deal breaker, but still a bit of a put off. The nomads and cop hummers look nice though, Im really liking the white with blue doors one much better than the white with gold doors shown on the webcams...

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Yes, I listed the Tjets last night and I will be listing the Xtractions tonight.
I will also be updating the new releases for later in the year and there is alot of new products coming out between July and December ....Super G, Flamethrowers, and a New Nascar release.
I have some of the releases listed already but now I have the vehicles that will be included in each release with colors.

If you don't see them listed, you can always email me a list of what you want and I can send you a total. I accept MasterCard, Visa and Amex + PayPal and Money Orders. I don't charge cards until items are shipped and money orders are held until items shipped.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Very Nice

Job well done, Tom. I've already put in a preorder for a set of each. Right off the bat, I think the AMX and Ford GT40 will be the most wanted from these sets of cars.

P.S. Tom, did you address the oversized front axle holes?

·
Registered
209 Posts
so there wont be any White Thunders? Wont even be worth getting a case for resale with out that.

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Well

wnovess99 said:
so there wont be any White Thunders? Wont even be worth getting a case for resale with out that.
Here is your answer...
AUTO WORLD DEVELOPS NEW MARKETING PLAN FOR ELECTRIC SLOT RACERS

February 23, 2007 - South Bend, Indiana

Auto World, a division of Round 2, LLC, is a leading manufacturer of collectible electric slot racing cars and accessories. Today, Auto World announced a new marketing strategy for its limited production "White Thunder" collector chase cars. For those unfamiliar, every release of six Thunderjet 500 or X-Traction electric slot racers offers a very small production percentage of each car decorated in the signature White Thunder style. These very limited cars feature pearl white body paint, a white chassis, white rubber tires and even a white tray for the jewel case packaging. Until now, White Thunder vehicles were included randomly in standard case packs, meant to ultimately reach the lucky consumers who find them.

Auto World has seen an increasing practice of White Thunder cars being sold at exorbitant prices, while regular production cars are heavily discounted. President Tom Lowe states, "In an effort to reduce scalping and level the playing field for collectors, Auto World has decided to market our chase cars directly to the consumer by way of our web site, www.autoworldslotcars.com. This will allow true collectors an equal chance to purchase our very limited special edition cars at a fair price. Further, Auto World will introduce other chase-inspired elements to their standard production cars to make them more fun and exciting to collect than ever before!"

To kick off the new marketing plan, the White Thunder cars are being renamed. Starting with Release 2, the cars will be dubbed "iWheels Racers", but will retain their trademark pearl white bodies and other white components. Only 150 iWheels cars will be produced for each body style; a mere 4.3% over and above the standard production run. While standard production cars are produced in both clam packs and jewel cases,iWheels Racers are being packaged in jewel cases ONLY! For their inaugural Release 2 debut, (expected to ship in April, 2007) iWheels Racers will feature details tampo printed or sprayed in gold, to make them even more specialized in comparison to their regular production counterparts.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Well forget that, not worth selling anymore. The profit margin isn't high enough on the cars. The only reason they were worth carrying in the first place was because 1 car could pay for half or all of the case. I wont be buying them for wholesale or club racing. The minute a manufacture starts screwing the dealers I loose all respect.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
First, I'm really happy to see these cars looking good and ready for pre-orders. I will be buying about a dozen individual cars from these sets.

Regarding the dealer/chase car issue... Seems to me like there were/are too many dealers. This might separate those who were riding coattails from those who want to help carry the load. Those dealers who actually add value to the process should be appropriately compensated. I don't see how those whose business revolves around scalping chase cars add any value to the distribution process.

How to add value? Carry a good variety of add-on/hop-up parts so that I can one-stop shop. Appear at regional shows so that I can see the products in person. And if I'm looking for something in particular and I can't make a show but I know you're going, be willing to try to find it for me while you're there if you don't already have it.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Of the TJs, I'm not crazy about the Studes, and I could live with only one color each of the Willys and the Chappy. But I want both colors of the Torinos, Cougars, and AMXs... and ALL the XTractions are must-haves for me...

--rick

·
Villain
4,632 Posts
ParkRNDL said:
Of the TJs, I'm not crazy about the Studes, and I could live with only one color each of the Willys and the Chappy. But I want both colors of the Torinos, Cougars, and AMXs... and ALL the XTractions are must-haves for me...

--rick
My thoughts exactly Rick, must be a Pennsylvania thing..........

1 - 20 of 63 Posts