Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't remember where this Ford GT body came from. I assumed it was a Speedline, but the front post is T-Jet length. There are no signs that a glass or headlight lenses were ever glued in, nor heat sealed. I also see no signs of a stripe ever having been there. It most resembles the freebie lt. blue body from the Tuff ones deal. The front wheelwells are larger than the earlier cars and have not been trimmed. What's the story on this? Anyone seen one before? Al

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looks like the Flamethrower Ford GT body to me. Missing the headlight lens assembly; glass; and white stripe that should be in the usual Ford gt location.
Ron

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Looks like a car that didn't make it all the way through production. There's no silver accents either. Maybe it was the last in line and never got finished???
I have a handfull of bodies that are like that. No detail pieces, stripes, accents or glass. I assumed they never reached the finishing stages.

-Paul

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
It looks like the index peg for the glass insert has been ground away some. It appears short, somewhat convex, and roughed on the end...almost mushroomed...which is indicative of the dremel. It's not inconceivable that this particular body's glass insert wasnt the melted install which would allow for a clean get-away. I do find the the diggies and tool marks on the inside of the roof interesting.

Also note that the usual striation pattern in the plastic is somewhat askew from it's normally un-interupted north and south pattern. It has a reworked appearance to that area and overall the entire car has a stripped appearance in general. Clearly she's led a hard life and been knocked around some.

No accents or remnants there-of isnt hard to accomplish. With good light and hand magnification you might be able to spot a slight indentation where the factory paint "ate in' or etched a bit. Try and catch the stripe line at the right angle and it will pop out plain as day, unless it was buffed after stripping...or as indicated previously....never had it to start with.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All good observations. You're right, Bill. It's been around the block a few times. I pulled out my Lt. blue Tuff Ones bonus body and compared under a magnifier. All of the marks inside the body match including the glass post which has a tiny pattern in the center, so I guess that still hasn't been fiddled with. Clearly the molds were getting beat up by this time. I found no signs of ghost lines from stripes, although that's inconclusive. I did, however remeasure the front post. It is about 1/64" shorter than the other body, but about 3/32 longer than my other Speedline bodies. The post does not look modified. At this point I am leaning toward Speedline and that the mold was not adjusted the same at the front post as the other GTs with the blanked out headlamps. What do you guys think?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts