Hobbyist Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was gunna renew my membership in Oct. but with the horror stories about how "wonderful" they are servicing a very loyal customer base., I'm seriously thinking its time to pack in the membership/on line order thing. And just get what I can find in the stores.

I knew this was going to happen. once a company gets too big, the customer is just a number instead of a valuable resorce. sad, very sad.

Thanks so much Tom L.

·
Premium Member
8,297 Posts
Same here Dave.. I didn't renew this year ,because of all the hubbub going on about everything :(

Glad to see you BTW Dave,hope alls going well for you and your son!

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
I was actually thinking about joining, untill I saw a few threads about peoples orders getting screwed up. MAYBE NEXT YEAR!

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
They brought in two people from Ertl at the WS. They tried to fix as many problems as possible on the spot including new cards with names and info. Those who got old or the wrong cars got the correct ones and were told to keep what they had so they are trying and understand they have many flaws. They inherited many programs that they have never done before and much of what PM did to keep us happy was very hands on and people power was needed. I think this is all very new to them and it has been one of the more difficult things to handle. Service service sevice is always the hardest thing to maintain. The old beef was always great service with time to time quality issues. Has the quality been an issue too or is it hard to tell because nobody has their stuff?

Mark

R

·
0 Posts
I have to say that I have dealt with them twice and I was not on hold for more than 2-3 minutes and they answered my question and fixed my problem, so far, thay have done alright by me.

I also have to say that i only called the PM CS line twice in the 10 years it was up and I got good service from the ladies also

Rob

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
hoosier-lightning said:
I agree with you totally Dave!
Where were all you guys at when I was preaching this months ago?
Shane, I get the feeling you are happy to see people having problems with their orders.

I've placed two orders so far without problems. My 10th anniversary GTO's were backordered and I was confussed initally. I thought maybe I failed to order them. However they did show up in a seperate package a few days later.

For the Record, I'm not defending poor customer service. But, I did expect wrinkles in the changeover. I too hope things settle in and get better. Without a doubt, keeping your money in your wallet or spending it elsewhere is the best way to respond to unacceptable customer service.

BTW - I've started a thread to compile a list of problem members have had since the RC2/PM merger. If you've had a less than satisfactory experience, please post it here http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=91810

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.