Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and always being out bid on Disneys Pirates and Haunted Mansion Kits. I mean I really want them bad, but $75 to $240 come on. Why can't someone re-issue them?

·
Registered
673 Posts
I've been there, but all I can offer is a "hang in there." Some take a lot longer than others, but eventually you'll be able to track one down.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I grew tired of eBay when I noticed the winning bidders
were other dealers.
The stuff just got re-listed, then bought by another
dealer who re-lists it!

I've been trying to get a Millenium Falcon for 6 months,
and I keep getting out-bid.
:mad:

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
I grew tired of eBay when I noticed the winning bidders were other dealers.
dealer who re-lists it!

That's very interesting and very strange. Is each subsequent dealer making a profit on his previous winning bid?

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Fly me over to Calgary, and I'll call in....:p:wave:

Chris.:)

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I grew tired of eBay when I noticed the winning bidders
were other dealers.
dealer who re-lists it!

I've been trying to get a Millenium Falcon for 6 months,
and I keep getting out-bid.
I don't think it's Dealers who are out bidding you to put it
back on to make a few extra bucks and take the chance
on losing money when the market falls through.... Im sure
its other people who are looking for the same thing you are
and are willing to pay more for the item.

Looks like you need to bid higher or get a faster connection
to Snipe someone out at the last few seconds. I have no
problem beating 80% of the people I bid against and its at
my price point too so I am not paying more than I wanted.

I just Snipe it at the last 4 sec's and I usually get it.

You can look into the online websites that Snipe for you too.
Their not free anymore but you will start winning your auctions
you are looking at if you post a high amount to win it. Nothing
is a sure thing in winning a auction unless you pay wayyyyyy
too much for it and most people do.

I wish you good luck and Happy Snipping...

As they say ....... Snipe ya later

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Well put! :thumbsup:

and I dislike it when some complain about snipping being unfair or mean....come on man....its the only way to get something that you know is on demand and there are plenty of people who want it. Like he said just wait to the last couple secs with with max bid 'cuz you will not get a second chance' and GO!

About 5 years ago I got my Aurora Moonbus at 4:30am PST that same way but for only 175.00! Thats pretty low for one of those puppies.

Hey NW Monster:wave:....is the NW for North West?

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Zorro asked:
That's very interesting and very strange. Is each subsequent dealer making a profit on his previous winning bid?
I never followed the re-listing to find out. I assume they wanted to.

I haven't done it in a while, but eBay used to show the ID of the
winning bidder after the auction ended. I would look at them,
occasionally, and see huge feedback numbers, and links to "stores".

Your average bidder (like me) generally doesn't have that stuff.
Ergo: dealer

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
i almost always win what i am after, and its simply because i always snipe. i wait till 90 seconds before the end (yes 90 seconds) and bid the maximum i am willing to spend on it. ebay automatically reduces that to just over the next highest bid. if by chance i had already been outbid, the current bid will jump to just over my bid. if i really REALLY want the item, i might add 5 dollars and go again, but thwats where i draw the line. i also kep a close eve on it for the remaining minute, in case someone else is sniping. needless to say, a high speed connection is a must.

as to the pirates line, the limited amounts of kits sold these days simply dont justify the cost of a disney license, so dont hold your breath waiting for the re-pops.

·
Registered
134 Posts
i almost always win what i am after, and its simply because i always snipe. i wait till 90 seconds before the end (yes 90 seconds) and bid the maximum i am willing to spend on it. ebay automatically reduces that to just over the next highest bid. if by chance i had already been outbid, the current bid will jump to just over my bid. if i really REALLY want the item, i might add 5 dollars and go again, but thwats where i draw the line. i also kep a close eve on it for the remaining minute, in case someone else is sniping. needless to say, a high speed connection is a must.

as to the pirates line, the limited amounts of kits sold these days simply dont justify the cost of a disney license, so dont hold your breath waiting for the re-pops.
Disney Licence! There are no additional fees to buy on ebay. In my opinion ebay should make the buyer split the 8 percent commission the ebay charges along with the 3% to make a transaction with paypal. It cost ebay sellers an average of $40-$50 dollars just to sell say a $ 400-500.00 dollor kit. Seller volume is down even lower do to ebay increased there rates a few years ago. I started buying from a disributer and selling rc on Ebay after rates when up. I think ebay has been making a killing from rc hobby sellers. Unless seller has an account with Horizion or Great plains there is no way to turn a profit or break even with the fees ebay charges. You don't even see big online stores trying sell on ebay anymore. Why you ask. I would guess that stores have already liquidated and will not sell on ebay anymore unless they are liquidating because they cannot turn a profit.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
I still think the Pirates kits not being issued has nothing to do with a Disney License or not. Revell reissued the Disney Peter Pan pirate ship with NO reference to Disney... and that kit bears more of a resemblence to the Disney property than the Pirate skeletons, which really dont resemble the boat ride at the attraction. Likewise the Disney Moonliner was reissued by Glencoe, again with no Disney reference.

As to buying its... they sell for what they sell for. Yeah you might not like spending $75 on one but thats the current market price. If you really want it, bid more. Alternatively, keep looking, and look HARD. Look every day, look twice a day. Be the first person to spot that MISB "Condembed to Chains Forver" kit with a Buy it Now for $10... Ive gotten a lot of really good deals off eBay that way. Or look for mis-listed kits. I bet theres a Pirates kit somewhere on eBay with NO reference to Pirates, MPC, Disney, etc anywhere in the title. Some granny probably stuck it up there as "skeleton man puzzle toy". I have snagged some good Aurora kits that way... no reference to Aurora in the title.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

and I dislike it when some complain about snipping being unfair or mean....come on man....its the only way to get something that you know is on demand and there are plenty of people who want it. Like he said just wait to the last couple secs with with max bid 'cuz you will not get a second chance' and GO!

About 5 years ago I got my Aurora Moonbus at 4:30am PST that same way but for only 175.00! Thats pretty low for one of those puppies.

Yep North West

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Yep, North West

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Disney Licence! There are no additional fees to buy on ebay. In my opinion ebay should make the buyer split the 8 percent commission the ebay charges along with the 3% to make a transaction with paypal. It cost ebay sellers an average of $40-$50 dollars just to sell say a $ 400-500.00 dollor kit. Seller volume is down even lower do to ebay increased there rates a few years ago. I started buying from a disributer and selling rc on Ebay after rates when up. I think ebay has been making a killing from rc hobby sellers. Unless seller has an account with Horizion or Great plains there is no way to turn a profit or break even with the fees ebay charges. You don't even see big online stores trying sell on ebay anymore. Why you ask. I would guess that stores have already liquidated and will not sell on ebay anymore unless they are liquidating because they cannot turn a profit.
i'm an ebay power seller, with feedback of over 20000 @ 99.8%.
i think asking the buyers to share in the fees would be disastrous for the sellers.
ebay's fees seem very reasonable when compared to the overhead involved in running a brick and mortar store.
when i mentioned the disney license, i wasnt referring to selling on ebay, but instead to reissuing the kits. perhaps it wouldnt be necessary, but with disney, i wouldnt take the chance.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Dude twice? :tongue:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts