Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there want to know some ways that i can help improve my drive off of the corner. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Did you prove it yet? ha!

Offset the t-plate, lower the t-plate, softer t-plate, softer center spring. Just some ideas. Some would say move LR out but I never notice a difference when moving wheels. Get er done

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
drop the right side shock one hole,,,,,preload the left front some,more caster,softer left rear tire,,,,,,,all thes changes will make the car turn in harder as well

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dont need all the ideas just realy like the diff options i can try. Keepem coming

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Hey there want to know some ways that i can help improve my drive off of the corner. Any ideas?
i do have some other i deas for you but i was wondering if your car is getting oose in the center of the corner out or if you car is solid through the entry and the center of the corner and at the very exit of the turn???

·
Registered
819 Posts
J-Ro...first thing i would try is putting 1 or 2 0.020shim on the left rear axle....this should be help you....after that i will put more preload on the left front spring....and if didnt change try a harder left front tire....

Pace

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
usually your loose out problem can be fixed by making your entry better.. i guess the best way i can explain it is if your car is tight going in you will tend to over steer it through the rest of the corner to make up for it which is usually to aggressive causing the car to feel loose...

if it was my car and it was loose on exit the first thing i would do would be to throw 2 of the .020 shims on the right side of the rear axle and add about .5 to 1 more degree of camber on the right front and reduce the left front camber by about .5 degree depending on where your camber is set at now...

please remember this is just how i would go about fixing that problem you can asked 10 different people this question and you will probably get 10 different answers..

i do feel confident that if you try these couple of adjustments you will find that i am leading you in the right direction....

if you have any other questions shoot me an email @ [email protected]

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
general rule with EXCEPTIONS
Front of car is entry to middle
rear of car is middle to exit
right front,left rear- entry steering,exit bite
left front,right rear -exit steering,entry bite
right side is for generally getting in
left side is for generally getting out
if your loose going in,you'll just going to get looser coming out
if your tight going in you're going to be tight going out,but you can over get up on the wheel too much and unload left rear and get looser
try and always add bite to which ever end is loose,try and never take bite away,bite is your friend,but stuck isn't.unless your running 2 cellopen modified.
Free is fast, loose is slow.
Once you get general setup close for track,camber is a really good tuning aid,big gains on left front
more than 30% dual rate ,you're just scrubbing fronts

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
hey koz when you say that more than 30% d/r you are just scrubbing speed i agree with you if your talking about carpet but if your talking about a flat asphalt track i would say you should keep it under 40%. do you agree??

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Gen 3's were 25-33 dual rate outdoors,med-high bite root beer prepped asphalt,you guy's in FLA. with your orange wheels,something is different between the coasts with asphalt,track prep,etc?

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Is that with 100% EPA? What if the EPA is 70%?

Gotta take all that into consideration. Making such a blanket statement is misleading.

Kind of like saying that the only tire that will work is a double-purple.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Is that with 100% EPA? What if the EPA is 70%?

Gotta take all that into consideration. Making such a blanket statement is misleading.

Kind of like saying that the only tire that will work is a double-purple.
Well when i compare notes with the other team KSG's guy's, that's what info they share.. Like i said, general rule with exceptions.. and i guess your statement is an exception..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts