Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Here's an idea . . .

I think they would need to be finished in black fuzzy fake velvet (like the fake velour flocking you use to see on some greeting cards) That would make them match the Elvis paintings sold on street corners and at flea markets. :roll:

·
Rocket Power
3,267 Posts
Nah ... I don't think Elvis had any interesting cars. Maybe an Elvis commemorative set like the Marilyn Monroe set would work.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I'd prefer cars that were featured in Elvis movies. I really liked the MB Elvis movie cars. I was hoping the series would continue to include the race car from Viva Las Vegas.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
I might buy some Elvis cars if they were cars that he actually drove, either in real life or in his movies. I wouldn't buy Toppers with Elvis tampos though.

MB made some good ones. I got the purple Cadillac and his mom's pink Cadillac with the Graceland dioramas. I only bought those two. I thought they best represented how Graceland really looked back in the day.
Bring on the movie cars!

·
Banned
8,979 Posts
Really I don't think I would buy into a series like that. The cars themselves would be alright but certainly not if they had to have any kind of Tampo's on them of any kind.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Not unless they were cars that actually appeared in TV or Movies with Elvis. Maybe a release of HOW dedicated completely to Elvis screen cars??

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
I like Elvis but no...if there were a stutz casting I'd buy that and that's about it.
If they were exsisting castings with Elvis tampos...no way!
:)

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Captain Fred said:
I might buy some Elvis cars if they were cars that he actually drove, either in real life or in his movies. I wouldn't buy Toppers with Elvis tampos though.

MB made some good ones. I got the purple Cadillac and his mom's pink Cadillac with the Graceland dioramas. I only bought those two. I thought they best represented how Graceland really looked back in the day.
Bring on the movie cars!
My thoughts exactly. I didn't buy the MB Elvis cars because I felt they were way overpriced.

Marty

·
Registered
382 Posts
Yeah..........I really liked the '62 Dodge Dart Phoenix from the MB series.........just because, who else has made one?!!....and the tampo on the side came off real easy. I'd prefer that they just be on cards, though. I was able to re-use the diorama's in presents that I made, but what a waste of money! Luckily I was able to get mine @ KB, on clearance, but still had to pay around $6 or $8 for them.
And yes! Captain Fred.........that purple Cadillac Biarritz was sharp!

midtown - what is that first car? A De Thomaso, Maserati or Ferrari? I'm not too hip on the modern european cars.

·
Registered
916 Posts
If it was ever done like the KISS stuff was (Elvis Stock Cars, Elvis Truck Series, Etc.) then no way. The REAL Elvis cars, sure. Was that a Pantera I saw? My all time favorite Ford!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts