Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Here is a little help from ANOTHER Martin:

Good start on your photography there Guy, but you might want to remove the glass before you try to take pictures of you models with a flash. Or at least put the models in a place away from the glass enclosure for the taking of the pictures.

The reflected flash causes the picture to come out more blueish than it should be. Never use a flash while photographing something in a glass enclosure.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To anybody thats interested I will tell you the Colors I used.The built up Seaview is painted upper hull Testor Acryl Light Ghost Gray and the Bottom is Flat White(hand brushed)The base is Testor Acryl Pale Green and the Name Plaque for the Seaview is flat black with gold lettering.The Enterprise is painted Polly Scale French Blue/Gray also hand brushed.The Warp Drive Domes are Testor Acryl Amber.The sensor is Tamiya Dark Copper and I painted the cross hatched panels on the Warp Drive Nacelle Struts Polly Scale French Dark Blue/Gray.The rear nacelle end cap half spheres are painted flat white.As I learn to use the camera more,I will post more photos.Thanks!

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Here is a little help from ANOTHER Martin:

Good start on your photography there Guy, but you might want to remove the glass before you try to take pictures of you models with a flash. Or at least put the models in a place away from the glass enclosure for the taking of the pictures.

The reflected flash causes the picture to come out more blueish than it should be. Never use a flash while photographing something in a glass enclosure.
EXACTLY. Go to a crafts store and get a few different color sheets of poster board. I have black and white. It doesn't reflect, and allows you to phtograph your models in whatever pose you want without any background except the color of the poster board.

An example - My Lunar Models Robby

1 - 6 of 6 Posts