Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Still can't believe I was on stage with the B-scheme Hurst SC/Rambler when it sold. Look over the roof of the car and you will see a big guy wearing a white shirt,that is me !!!! The owner had me up on stage as a way to thank me for helping him promote the car at the event. I even got Craig Jackson himself to autograph one of the Hurst SC/Rambler Registry posters !!! To see more photos and videos please check out,

www.amazingmusclecars.com

Man did I have a great time and I still get to come home and smoke the tires on my SC/Rambler
Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Matt, that is simply awsome! ( OK shoot me for being 80's, but I mean it...AWSOME!)
Headed over now to see the pics! Was it as cool behind the scenes as we all suspect?

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
I saw where it says "Final value $49,500." Did it sell for that much or was it a 'no sale' at that amount? What was the owner hoping for?

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
that`s an awesome price for that car and the seller. :thumbsup:

·
0 Posts
PWSchuh said:
I saw where it says "Final value $49,500." Did it sell for that much or was it a 'no sale' at that amount? What was the owner hoping for?
It's nice to see AMC stuff getting good numbers bid. I wonder if it sold too. That's one fine-lookin' Rambler. :cool:

·
Registered
536 Posts
That auction is always great! Glad you had a fun time. But it never stops amazing me what guys will pay for a 454 chevelle, 55-57 T-bird or a 60s Corvette. Then something truely rare runs across the block and it gets peanuts. I was not only surprised that SC didn't go for more, but also the one of 515 built 68 Hurst/Olds. The H/O went for $75,000...which is nothing to shake a stick at I know. But when guys are paying $80,000 for a run of the mill 454 Chevelle..which they made thousands of....I just don't get it. I honestly don't think the average colloctor knows what these cars are. There was also an Orbit Orange GTO Judge that sold in the $60s I believe? The buyer stole it.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Sounds like ya had a great time, Matt. I checked out your videos on the registry link and I must say, it may look like a Rambler but that's where the similarities end. :cool: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Awesome dude.

Thread derailing:
I cant believe the guy who bought the Supersnake for 5 million, same guy who bought the Futurliner for 4 million. Where does he get his money?

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
69 Hurst/Olds said:
That auction is always great! Glad you had a fun time. But it never stops amazing me what guys will pay for a 454 chevelle, 55-57 T-bird or a 60s Corvette. Then something truely rare runs across the block and it gets peanuts. I was not only surprised that SC didn't go for more, but also the one of 515 built 68 Hurst/Olds. The H/O went for $75,000...which is nothing to shake a stick at I know. But when guys are paying $80,000 for a run of the mill 454 Chevelle..which they made thousands of....I just don't get it. I honestly don't think the average colloctor knows what these cars are. There was also an Orbit Orange GTO Judge that sold in the $60s I believe? The buyer stole it.
good point and I agree...I just don't understand sometimes

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
in2deep said:
Yeah, like the 383 cudas going for over 70K, Barret-Jackson pretty much KILLED the Mopar Hobby.
I was keeping a good eye on those,most were hitting 86-110k plus the 10% on top of that.The 440 cuda hit 198k,which price wise isn`t much more than the 383`s.It`s pretty amazing how much these cars keep rising.Even in USA today,a 71 cuda is listed as the $1 investment out of all stocks and real estate. Doesn`t do you any good though when you have no plans of selling though except makes it harded to really just drive it to the store because someone might try to steal it.I`d really love it if they totally lost all of their value.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts