Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you won one of the test shot Enterprise models that Round 2 will have at this year's WonderFest, what would you do with it?

Build it? Keep it as a one-of-a-kind (well, one of 3) collectible? Sell it on evilBay?

·
Curmudgeon
6,649 Posts
Ordinarily, I'd build it because model kits are meant to be built. But because I don't have the display space for a kit that size I'd probably sell it to someone who would appreciate having it.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
If you won one of the test shot Enterprise models that Round 2 will have at this year's WonderFest, what would you do with it?

Build it? Keep it as a one-of-a-kind (well, one of 3) collectible? Sell it on evilBay?
Why do you want to know????
Me, I would build it up of course!! Why else would I want it or to put it another way, what's the point of getting a model when you have no intention of building it?? Are you going to display an unbuilt kit on your shelf??? What would be the point of that???

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
I believe the test shots in question are just that,...sprue pulls only. No decals, instructions, etc.

Would only be good as a collectable until the kits are on the street and the missing componants are available. It's my hope an aftermarketer gets them so that they can begin work on aftermarket goodies.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Why do you want to know????
Well, it never occurred to me NOT to build it. Then I heard someone say they wouldn't because they thought it would be more valuable if left as a kit. That got me wondering if there were others who thought that way--or perhaps would do something else I hadn't even considered.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Well, it never occurred to me NOT to build it. Then I heard someone say they wouldn't because they thought it would be more valuable if left as a kit. That got me wondering if there were others who thought that way--or perhaps would do something else I hadn't even considered.

In this day and age, I occasionally hear that, and it still boggles my mind. Re-pops, re-issues, 'Anniversary' re-releases... hello? Sure a really (super!) rare ITC F-108 Rapier sold for $1283.00 on Evilbay back in March of this year; but that's an exception, and not the rule.

I once heard a local modeler whining, yes, whining about how mad they were at Revell for re-popping a number of vintage models thereby ruining his retirement plans... now, I'm no financial genius, but not Wiley E. Coyote would base his retirement plan on hoarded vintage model kits! :freak:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I once heard a local modeler whining, yes, whining about how mad they were at Revell for re-popping a number of vintage models thereby ruining his retirement plans... now, I'm no financial genius, but not Wiley E. Coyote would base his retirement plan on hoarded vintage model kits! :freak:
Good point. Maybe his retirement involved a used trailer and a fishing pole, and even then he would need a LOT of vintage kits.:)

I wont be going to wonderfest, but if I did and won I would give the kit to an underprivileged trekkie down on his luck- heck I'd even throw in a BIG tube of bondo to help him with those lines!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts