Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this guy gets $2,000 :rolleyes: for his Jada Homie Rollerz I will have to sell my complete sets Wave 1 & Wave 2 .... 24 Cars in total

I really hate advertising peoples auctions on chatboards but this guys auction(s) made me laugh and I wanted to share what made me laugh. ( face palm )

For those who sell on eBay - Do know your product before posting up a auction as 90% of the time you will not get what you think it's worth
and you will more likely be posted on a chatforum to be made fun of. Enjoy the laughs as I did :lol: :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JADA-HOMIE-ROLLERZ-DUB-CITY-BIGTIME-MUSCLE-1-64-DONK-IMPALA-CHEVY-BUICK-LOT-/150874883063?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item2320d803f7

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
about 100 a car, i saw a complete set at a tattoo convention /car show a few months back, 24 cars for 125, all nice..but you had to buy the whole set., i tried to just buy a few

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
I don't even waste my time paying any attention to these idiots... They are complete fools and I think it shows their ignorance by posting an auction or sales like that... If that collection worth 2 grand, mine must be in the billions !!!
LOL !!!

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
I don't even waste my time paying any attention to these idiots... They are complete fools and I think it shows their ignorance by posting an auction or sales like that... If that collection worth 2 grand, mine must be in the billions !!!
LOL !!!

You are completely right there bro.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
If this guy gets $2,000 :rolleyes: for his Jada Homie Rollerz I will have to sell my complete sets Wave 1 & Wave 2 .... 24 Cars in total

I really hate advertising peoples auctions on chatboards but this guys auction(s) made me laugh and I wanted to share what made me laugh. ( face palm )

For those who sell on eBay - Do know your product before posting up a auction as 90% of the time you will not get what you think it's worth
and you will more likely be posted on a chatforum to be made fun of. Enjoy the laughs as I did :lol: :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JADA-HOMIE-ROLLERZ-DUB-CITY-BIGTIME-MUSCLE-1-64-DONK-IMPALA-CHEVY-BUICK-LOT-/150874883063?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item2320d803f7
Interesting that you posted this auction,because it deals with something that I have been thinking about lately and this auction really helps my observation......

I don't know what it is,maybe shows on TV like Pawn Stars or one of those storage unit shows,but I have noticed that people who know nothing about die cast think that all die cast is worth money.If you look at the sellers other auctions,you will see they really don't deal in die cast.
Not just Hotwheels,all die cast.

There is an antique mall near me,and most of the die cast,even old beaters,are way way overpriced with the word "FIRM"underlined.

Same on eBay if you look,sellers that don't deal in die cast always have stuff listed way too high.

I gave up on people like this years ago and trying to explain anything to them.They all look at you like you are trying to rip them off.

Mike

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
a few months back, a guy had a 70 rl but no wheels or axles....250.00 dollars..and do i need to bring up the m2 wild card camoro chase on ebay for 149.99....

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting that you posted this auction,because it deals with something that I have been thinking about lately and this auction really helps my observation......

I don't know what it is,maybe shows on TV like Pawn Stars or one of those storage unit shows,but I have noticed that people who know nothing about die cast think that all die cast is worth money.If you look at the sellers other auctions,you will see they really don't deal in die cast.
Not just Hotwheels,all die cast.

There is an antique mall near me,and most of the die cast,even old beaters,are way way overpriced with the word "FIRM"underlined.

Same on eBay if you look,sellers that don't deal in die cast always have stuff listed way too high.

I gave up on people like this years ago and trying to explain anything to them.They all look at you like you are trying to rip them off.

Mike
I got a real good chuckle from his other auctions too as he thinks his Turtle Wax BLUE metallic car wax clear coat liquid detail cleaner is worth $37.99 ... :lol: What is that ?? A $6 bottle sold at Walmart ??? :lol: He also thinks this TYCO YELLOW FERRARI 9.6V TWIN TURBO 348 R/C NIKKO RADIO CONTROL is worth $5,000... :lol:... This guy is off his rocker... Im sitting here laughing :jest:

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
a few months back, a guy had a 70 rl but no wheels or axles....250.00 dollars..and do i need to bring up the m2 wild card camoro chase on ebay for 149.99....
Is that M2 Camaro still on eBay ??? .... But Craig he thinks it's real 24k Pure Solid Gold ...:lol:

·
Registered
9,900 Posts
The stupid reality shows like Pawn Stars, or American pickers, or Storage Wars are all staged, I've heard from various people... The latter 2 shows are pretty much bs on the pricing of many items. The pawn guy has a "I have a friend who knows everything about XXXXXXXXX" so it could be some sort of reliable information (the toy guy owns a store in Vegas). Now everyone is just going to buy lockers and selling the junk they get for $$$$$$.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The stupid reality shows like Pawn Stars, or American pickers, or Storage Wars are all staged, I've heard from various people... The latter 2 shows are pretty much bs on the pricing of many items. The pawn guy has a "I have a friend who knows everything about XXXXXXXXX" so it could be some sort of reliable information (the toy guy owns a store in Vegas). Now everyone is just going to buy lockers and selling the junk they get for $$$$$$.
I agree.... All those shows are just TV intertainment... All BS.... Last time I was in Las Vegas the Pawn Stars / real name Gold & Silver Pawn Shop had 200+ people standing outside waiting to get in as they were filming another Dumb Show with Fake items they make you think they bought. I heard from a little birdy that they do not buy the stuff that is bought on camera on TV as that stuff is brought in for the TV Show to generate TV ratings.

Storage Wars or the Storage Hunters etc Shows... All are FAKE as they stage the units with somewhat good stuff... Items are priced 10x over what they really would move at. Storage Hunters has 2 actors ( Allen & Ton - both are actors ) who always win the units and its all for TV..... I have yet to see a out of the blue person win a unit... Its always the same cast members which makes the show look fake and makes it boring to watch. I rather go play with my toys than watch fake TV these days.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
I agree.... All those shows are just TV intertainment... All BS.... Last time I was in Las Vegas the Pawn Stars / real name Gold & Silver Pawn Shop had 200+ people standing outside waiting to get in as they were filming another Dumb Show with Fake items they make you think they bought. I heard from a little birdy that they do not buy the stuff that is bought on camera on TV as that stuff is brought in for the TV Show to generate TV ratings.

Storage Wars or the Storage Hunters etc Shows... All are FAKE as they stage the units with somewhat good stuff... Items are priced 10x over what they really would move at. Storage Hunters has 2 actors ( Allen & Ton - both are actors ) who always win the units and its all for TV..... I have yet to see a out of the blue person win a unit... Its always the same cast members which makes the show look fake and makes it boring to watch. I rather go play with my toys than watch fake TV these days.
Totally agree that it is all cooked as they say.Not a fan of how human suffering is becoming entertainment.Vultures picking the bones of people who are still alive.

Pawn Stars tho,scripted or not,it's well done.

One of the only shows like that where you actually come away with something.

I learn some sort of triva every time I watch it.its done well.Kindy of corny,but that's why I like it.

Mike

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
I just came THIS CLOSE to sending the guy on eBay a message in the guise of a question, commenting that he accidently added an extra "0" to the price! :lol:

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
I don't know what it is,maybe shows on TV like Pawn Stars or one of those storage unit shows,but I have noticed that people who know nothing about die cast think that all die cast is worth money. Same on eBay if you look,sellers that don't deal in die cast always have stuff listed way too high.
Yeah. Like most subjects or hobbies, there is much more involved to diecast collecting and selling than a layman out for some cash is willing to educate themselves on. They don't know what makes one car valuable, and another one worth less, and don't care to learn. So they over-simplify and ask absurd amounts for anything.

And I agree totally on the sickness of turning other's misfortune into entertainment. Or glorifying the plunder like some of these shows do.

·
Registered
980 Posts
LOL !!!
I always wanted to know a BILLIONAIRE!!!!!:wave:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
...Storage Hunters has 2 actors ( Allen & Ton - both are actors ) who always win the units and its all for TV..... I have yet to see a out of the blue person win a unit... Its always the same cast members which makes the show look fake and makes it boring to watch. I rather go play with my toys than watch fake TV these days.
I guess you didn't read the disclaimer at the start of this show. They buy HUNDREDS of units a year and this show only features the best of the best. There was one special episode where they gave a "behinds the scenes look" and showed what most of their lockers look like. There was one special they did for charity that was somewhat staged.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
WOW 37$ for a bottle of turtle wax? that dude clearly has some serious mental issues going on, i emailed him and told him that as well...the only car care products that will get such a high price that is not a new item would be meguiars products in the glass bottles with mint labels...i just cant believe someone is selling stuff that high...5 grand for a crappy tyco RC? you could buy a few of the top of the line rc's for that price...i straight up emailed him and told him he is insane for trying to sell stuff at that high of a price and his items are worth only what someone will pay, and it sure is not 5,000 for that car. maybe he added an extra 2 zeros

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Getting back to the Homies...it's because of all the Cadillacs ya'll......Homies ain't rollin' with Pintos & Volkswagens :dude:

·
Registered
641 Posts
A lot of these ebay idiots appraise their items with their butts. I do think think a lot of it comes from TV but come on, I would not pay anything over 100$ for that lot, and I don't even like Jada! If that guy is going to take the time to collect the whole series, do some research on they are selling for and price it in the ballpark, not another dimension.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
A friend of mine owns a good-sized auction house. He was approached by some Hollywood types wanting to do a show and he turned them down. His rationale was that doing so would get in the way of running his business his way and generate the type of business he doesn't want!

On a side note.... He pays cash for gold and silver - and he pays fair market value by setting his profit margins low. He said the places that advertise excessively make you think you're getting a good deal (and many times people are desperate) but in reality, you are being taken advantage of.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts