Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
"....... only driven into the wall twice ........ but has slid on it's roof too many times to count ........"

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,702 Posts
This may or may not be an original body, some parts or pieces may have been replaced and/or altered for the purpose of resale. Please buy at your own discression...CarFax

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
Oh I see how it is... :cool:

After 3R and Boosa...then ya throw me under the bus. :confused:

I dont know whether to cry cuz I'm third ... or hurt cuz I'm even on this list. :cry:

Yer all dead to me now! :tongue:

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
Neal thanks for this funny thread! RALMAO on this one BIG TIME...Carfax

lol Bill how about this...

There is some sort of Goop Holding this thing together. Ther rear fender wells are off another car & it was fabricated by last owner into a 4 X 4 working chassis...Carfax

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Bill,
Didn't mean to throw you under the bus. Your Model Murdering thread is one of my favorites, and one of the reasons I joined. Got me to finally stop procrastinating, and try it myself. My workbench below.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
now that's funny right there... :lol:

--rick

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
Bill,
Didn't mean to throw you under the bus. Your Model Murdering thread is one of my favorites, and one of the reasons I joined. Got me to finally stop procrastinating, and try it myself. My workbench below.
Of course I kid, I make my home under the Bus or in the Dog House one way or the other. That's a great work station Illini! Well stocked and very organized. I see all kinds of cool things going on... turquoise, butternut yellow, standard white, three stages of polish with flap wheels...and most importantly....good note taking being practiced. It's nice to hear that you're not procrastinating anymore and giving it a go. :thumbsup:

Back on topic and for the record, every car completed here is photo documented and recorded. Most have my personal "tell" on them anyway.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Minty blue split window '63 corvette with a rear wheel well graft taken from an Aurora Riviera purchased on epay on June 23rd, second owner and gooped in with a blue Testor's compound made from a donor Dino, bought from a pile of scrap at a Bob Beer's show and Vibrator Jag found in a garage on 3rd street at a neighborhood garage sale. Windshield actually from a yellow split window from my neighbor Jimmy, who punched me when I was eight and stole my sheet of hop up decals and red racing oil. Bumpers re-chromed at metal tech and lights painted using NOS aurora factory paint.
Jim

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,702 Posts
Minty blue split window '63 corvette with a rear wheel well graft taken from an Aurora Riviera purchased on epay on June 23rd, second owner and gooped in with a blue Testor's compound made from a donor Dino, bought from a pile of scrap at a Bob Beer's show and Vibrator Jag found in a garage on 3rd street at a neighborhood garage sale. Windshield actually from a yellow split window from my neighbor Jimmy, who punched me when I was eight and stole my sheet of hop up decals and red racing oil. Bumpers re-chromed at metal tech and lights painted using NOS aurora factory paint.
Jim
I'll take it!!! Sold!!! RM

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Original vintage Aurora t jet Jaguar XKE - very rare! Excellent condition! Unique pillarless windshield, as seen with many Ed "Big Daddy" Roth custom rods in the day! Custom ROUND rear wheel arches! Screw posts hold screws tight with the help of what looks like 1960's VINTAGE hardened Elmer's glue reinforcement FROM THE FACTORY- few Aurora slot cars ever got this improvement! Anybody can have a stock Jag, this car is ONE OF A KIND. Unusual yellow color!

Chassis for display only - (this is a show car). Armature smoked, brush holes burned and enlarged. Really amazing grooves on the pickup shoes!!!!!!! Giant wads of 40 year old lint wrapped around axles - shows this car has a RACING PEDIGREE.

Professionally appraised. Reasonable reserve - appropriately priced. Don't expect to see anything like this on a table at the next Long Island slot car show. Collector's don't turn loose of anything like this very often.

·
Registered
806 Posts
New Orleans Car

Dune Buggy, New Orleans car. Never seen snow. Stored in basement - slight roof damage but otherwise great body. Chassis appears to be good. may need tuning, doesn't run when I put it on a 9 volt battery.

Jim

ps - with the exception of the cracked magnet, I was able to refurbish this chassis and all parts. She runs great.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts