Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most probably just wishful thinking and I doubt they'd ever happen but wouldn't it be great if some manufacturer decided to do Clash of the Titans plastic kits, even from the original Harryhausen film. Could be some great subjects there.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,279 Posts
Geometric did a vinyl kit of the Medusa, but I think that's all that ever materialized from the film.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
The first movie was aptly nick named Trash of the Titans... I hope the new one is better (It can't be worse). Hopefully they won't have the R2D2 rip off, Bubo the owl.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,279 Posts
The first movie was aptly nick named Trash of the Titans... I hope the new one is better (It can't be worse). Hopefully they won't have the R2D2 rip off, Bubo the owl.
Or any other character named after a plague symptom!

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
I'm happy to report that Bubo The R2-D2 Owl will not be in the new movie. But of course, there are Bubo lovers out there - and therefore there are Bubo collectibles.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Theres been alot of Resin kits of the monsters from Clash of the Titans.But would welcome in a heartbeat styrene ersions of them.One thatcomes in mind that like to see in Styrene is the Kraken:).

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
HEY, I like Bubo, he's one of the cool things in the movie.;)

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
any Ray Harryhausen subjects in styrene would be nice :thumbsup:
hb

They sure would! COTT isn't my favourite Harryhausen film but the new film could be a good opportunity if some company wanted to cash in by making styrene kits based on the new film or an opportunity to do Harryhausen kits in plastic at last based on the original film.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

It wasn't that bad surely? Not the best Harryhausen effort but still very watchable.

·
Registered
882 Posts
The Geometric Medusa kit is a wonderful sculpt. It's been on and off my Workbench over the years. I must finish assembly and brave the paintwork. They still produce a base which I'd love to buy, but the moneys been a bit tight for that...

I'd love to see other Harryhausen characters in styrene too!

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
About ten years or so ago they released a set of cold cast statues of Ray Harryhausen's monsters. I've got two of these on my bookshelf right now. But I agree: I'd love to see some kits of the Clash creatures, or any other of Ray's work. I'm sorry now I never bought that GeoMetric Medusa kit.

Sean

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I would love a good Rhedosaurus too--I have a Billiken I believe (vinyl and about 10" long) but the detail is pretty soft and I'd like something bigger but NOT the two and three foot monsters that have been floating around. They're great but I don't have that much room. Something about 18" long would be perfect.

I'm looking forward to the Monarch Gorgo kit (assuming it ever sees the light of day) but I have to say for figure kits I would much rather work with vinyl or resin because there are far fewer seams to deal with.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts