Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Greenlight, how about a classic SCCA line? You've got the shelby's, the AMX Javelin, the 70 Camaros...

I would LOVE to see an old Chaparral Camaro, or a Sunoco Camaro... with some wide minilite wheels stuffed under the fenders.. and maybe a Red White and Blue AMC sponsored Javelin?

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
TransAm series cars; There's an article now in "Collectable Automobile" about the TA "ponycars. Check them out,,,,well, maybe G/L should check them out.

·
Geico ad . . . Offensive?
6,709 Posts
Hey Greenlight, how about a classic SCCA line? You've got the shelby's, the AMX Javelin, the 70 Camaros...

I would LOVE to see an old Chaparral Camaro, or a Sunoco Camaro... with some wide minilite wheels stuffed under the fenders.. and maybe a Red White and Blue AMC sponsored Javelin?
That is frikkin' brilliant. They also have the Barracuda :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
My thoughts on this idea in one word....

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!

Ok, it WAS one word, just worth repeating several times! That would be my dream series so far from GL.

You guys have done a GREAT job on the road racing fantiasy peices so far, and even sneaking in a couple of real ones in that Corvette collection. So I know you are all over this idea already....

So come on and give us a hint...any plans for a coming series?

Ward

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OH DUH!!! I totally forgot about the AAR Cuda!! DUH!! DAN GURNEY PLEASE!!!

And the BOSS Mustang! Geez! they have every casting I could think of... Why WOULDN'T they do these cars!! they'd put the Hotwheels Pony Wars cars to shame!!

But they HAVE to have the minilite wheels or they just wouldn't look right...

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
I think Trans Am cars would be more popular than the current "Can Am" series. Could we add a Dart and a 66 Barracuda??
What an understatement! Though I can pick apart the Prototypes, I still give GL credit for even taking the chance on such a limited casting. I think that car has a very small customer base! But you so right, the vintage Trans Am concept would apeal to almost every cross section of collectors!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Yes, Yes, YES!!!

But I think additional licensing would be a very large concern with them. All that additional sponsorhip would want a piece of the pie.

who am i kidding, get ur done boyz!:dude:

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I think M2 got around that problem (Greedy sponsors) by using fictious sponsors on their Auto-Drags cars. No the most ideal solution but maybe G/L could get pretty close replicas by using existing licensing and some creative work. As it's been said, many of the castings already exist.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Well, I can only speak for myself, but I would pass on "allmost". My whole 40 year history of toy car collecting has been full of "almost" designs. Give me a real replica in this type of line or nothing at all. It's worth the money for me in the fees to have the cars faithfuly reproduced.

Only problem is, it might not be with the next collector!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I think M2 got around that problem (Greedy sponsors) by using fictious sponsors on their Auto-Drags cars. No the most ideal solution but maybe G/L could get pretty close replicas by using existing licensing and some creative work. As it's been said, many of the castings already exist.
If I remember correctly the sponsors are real with the M2 set, they just aren't based off of real cars.

I agree with Ward. I would like to see real race replicas.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Yes, I agree the Trans-Am series would be great! A piece of racing nostalgia!

*This post brought to you by RICK'S CARS IN 1/64. The Hit-After-Hit Diecast Studio.*

1 - 20 of 26 Posts