Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A thought for the folks at RC/PM/JL....why not come up with a consolation prize for those of us who have scratched off so many scratch-offs and have only seen the "Sorry! Please try again :( " message revealed?

I know that message all to well as tonight's scratch-off (out of a WL no less !) didn't even win me an Escalade....let alone $10,000 !

I think its time to come up with a redemption offer for the losing scratch-offs, like mail in 20-25 losing tickets and get a Gold Series... or a WL (uh-huh, that one will happen :rolleyes: )....We bought em', we helped move the product. How about a little reward for our loyalty ??.........This would probably help move the remaining stock out of the stores as some might not have enough to qualify.

Do we have to go through the years with our losing tickets as daily reminders ??

This would be an excellent method for RC to use to keep collectors interested in the JL product.

·
Banned
8,979 Posts
Pony said:
I think it would suck.....yeah I threw all mine out after I scratched them :(
It would be kinda late to institute that idea into the mix, but its a Great idea for the next one PM/RC2/Ertl has. Afterall, exece is right, good will and redemption to the Loyal customers! Its marketing anyway, and a incentive to keep trying and to keep buying more- really it doesn't have to be much- just something.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
How about the ones(2 so far) with absolutely nothing to read,or scratch(Liked the castings, and forgot to look at the game piece)...Blank white area..after you remove them from the package, and realize they never were coated so you could have at least had a chance to find/get told..."Sorry..Please try again".

Blank game pieces..In a "lottery" game...There's a good one. May not have been intentional...So.
Well...I'm sending them back ...Along with my "Second Chance to Win" request.
Doubt they will be concerned,or offer me a couple of replacement pieces, and I agree that we gave of our money(s)for the product,and I wanted to believe that there may be an added chance to "get lucky"...But these odds of winning seem like a guarantee for the producer of this "lottery"...To avoid the payout.
Maybe...
Companies that produce diecast/toys...Should avoid trying to become "Win a Prize" clearinghouse,or see to it that the contest/offer is monitored fairly/properly.

That's my 2 copper plated nickel chunks.

Jeff Fleetwood

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Jeff are you sure those blank game pieces weren't obtained at the warehouse sale? I heard that some cars there had the blank sample pieces. Just a thought.

I'm not sure that a redemption offer is a great idea, since the odds of actually winning any prize was about 1 in 300 and something. If you "only" scratched off 20-30 pieces, you only had a 10% chance of winning anyway. :D

Now if you scratched off a few hundred and didn't win, I'd say you were at least entitled to a replacement dime because you must have worn that one out scratching all those pieces!

R

·
0 Posts
jnkfleet said:
How about the ones(2 so far) with absolutely nothing to read,or scratch(Liked the castings, and forgot to look at the game piece)...Blank white area..after you remove them from the package, and realize they never were coated so you could have at least had a chance to find/get told..."Sorry..Please try again".

Blank game pieces..In a "lottery" game...There's a good one. May not have been intentional...So.
Well...I'm sending them back ...Along with my "Second Chance to Win" request.
Doubt they will be concerned,or offer me a couple of replacement pieces, and I agree that we gave of our money(s)for the product,and I wanted to believe that there may be an added chance to "get lucky"...But these odds of winning seem like a guarantee for the producer of this "lottery"...To avoid the payout.
Maybe...
Companies that produce diecast/toys...Should avoid trying to become "Win a Prize" clearinghouse,or see to it that the contest/offer is monitored fairly/properly.

That's my 2 copper plated nickel chunks.

Jeff Fleetwood

Jeff, If they were blank, they were for sure from the warehouse sale, if you got them in a store, the store got ripped off by somebody returning them.

And they will be doing the payout, that is what the 2nd chance drawing is for, to give out the unclaimed prizes.

Hopefully you weren't too nasty in the message you sent them!!!

·
Silent but Deadly
4,359 Posts
I threw away my losing game pieces within minutes of scratching them off. Just like I tossed the losing scratch-offs from lottery tickets, or the non-food winning common pieces from McDonald's Monopoly game cups and fry pockets.

Saw no sense in keeping them. I got the car I opened, whether I won something or not. Or I ate the food I bought, whether I won a food prize or just got a ride on the Reading Railroad.

There were real winners in the game, and I just wasn't one of 'em. But the last thing I want in life is to get a prize for being a loser...

Unless, of course, it was a prize for losing weight gained by eating so much food trying to win a prize....:freak:

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Second Chance Rules from PM's website:

8. Second Chance Drawing: If all Instant Win prizes are not awarded through
game play, Promotion Concepts, Inc., on behalf of Sponsor, will hold a random
drawing on or about January 21, 2005 to distribute the un-awarded prizes from
amongst all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. To enter the
Second Chance Drawing, hand print your name, address, day and evening phone
numbers, and the name “Johnny Lightning 10th Anniversary Game” on a 3" x 5"
piece of paper. Mail it in a hand-addressed envelope to “Second Chance Drawing-
Johnny Lightning”, P.O. Box 6178, Kalamazoo, MI 49003-6178. All Second Chance
Drawing Entries must be postmarked by December 15, 2004 and received by
December 22, 2004. The drawing will be conducted on Sponsor’s behalf by
Promotion Concepts, an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the
administration of the Game and the selection of potential winners are final and
binding in all matters related to the Game. Winners will be required to fulfill all
requirements as described in paragraph 6 above. The odds of winning the Second
Chance Drawing, if such drawing is necessary, will be based on the number of
eligible entries received.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts