Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a IDC 580 Supreme and was wondering if anyone knows if it is as tough as it looks for a half crank trimmer, on the shaft is has a sticker "replace do not resharpen blades", I know, stickers are cheap. My sisters property has been neglected and has a lot of briars and small brush and as I have a star blade that would fit, I would give it a try, however I don't want to haul it 100 miles to be embarrassed either. Have a good one. Geo

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
Those old IDC units were pretty tough. It should hold up alright as long as it is a unit that was designed to accept a blade.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks 30yr;
It actually looks tougher than my FS-85, however I know the IDC is a flex shaft and the Stihl a solid shaft. I got it from someone's trash, it needed fuel lines, doesn't look like it has been use much, but with straight shaft, J-handle and shoulder strap it looks mean. Between it for the briars and junk with a star blade, a FS-85 with a SST-229 blade and a chainsaw I should be able to clear some brush, or hopefull direct my niece and nephew how. Have a good one. Geo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts