Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just got my new ICE Charger in the mail today and Bulldog 15 power supply. Its been 15 years since i was in the RC business. And even after reading the directions to the charger and getting it hooked up. I'm still completly lost ! Anyone know where i could get some sinple directions !

Thanks, Brad

·
Registered
807 Posts
If your battery matches one of the memory profiles then push and hold button to start charge, push right button and watch graph and smile.

·
Go Fast, Turn Left
4,799 Posts
The ICE charger is only capable of discharging at 10 amps. And you will be totally safe to discharge them at that rate. Most people are discharging to 0.9 volts per cell or 3.6 volts for a 4 cell pack.

I recently heard that some are discharging to just 1.0 volts per cell or 4 volts for a 4 cell pack.

Once you get used to the ICE charger, and it won't be long, you will find that is really is a pretty user friendly charger with some pretty neat features.
I have two of them and they are both setup with several different charging profiles that I have named to suit my needs.

·
Registered
302 Posts
OvalTrucker said:
The ICE charger is only capable of discharging at 10 amps. And you will be totally safe to discharge them at that rate. Most people are discharging to 0.9 volts per cell or 3.6 volts for a 4 cell pack.

I recently heard that some are discharging to just 1.0 volts per cell or 4 volts for a 4 cell pack.

Once you get used to the ICE charger, and it won't be long, you will find that is really is a pretty user friendly charger with some pretty neat features.
I have two of them and they are both setup with several different charging profiles that I have named to suit my needs.
I have 2 of them too and love them. Like ovaltrucker said it only does 10 amps discharge. I have been told that this dont do much. Most people discharge at 30-35 amps.

Quoted from promatch:
How do I take care of the IB 3800's? When you first receive your new packs it is imperative to follow these instructions. First start by performing a "Soft Cycle" by charging the pack at 4 AMPS for about 10 minutes and then immediately discharge the pack at a high rate (20 to 30 AMPS) to .9 Volts per cell or 5.4 Volts for a 6 cell or 3.6 Volts for a 4 cell pack. Follow this by equalizing the pack using a discharge/equalization tray. (We recommend the Tekin Battery Doctor 8.0). As soon as the lights go out on the tray, fully charge the pack at 5-6 AMPS.

Here is the link to the whole page:

http://www.promatchracing.com/ibins.php

1 - 6 of 6 Posts