Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
First generation consoles *always* have bugs.

The first bug I found was the price! Ouch! Sorry Sony, I'm not gonna pay that kind of money to participate in your DVD format war!

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
Didn't Sony all ready release a firmware upgrade last December for bugs?

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
jason_lightning said:
First generation consoles *always* have bugs.

The first bug I found was the price! Ouch! Sorry Sony, I'm not gonna pay that kind of money to participate in your DVD format war!
That was the only bug I needed to keep me from buying it. I like to play, but sheesh!

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
The firmware upgrade, 1.5, was for backwards compatibility issues. It was a patch to help the PS3 play all the older PS1 and 2 games. We have had no problems with our PS3 and use it to watch BluRay movies too. No problems...yet.....

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
as for bugs there are apparently plenty of them, i work at wal-mart and i can tell you that last night there were 8 of them in the back from returns, out of the 8 6 of them were returned for the same reason. i have only seen one 360 returned and it was for no hard drive (if the idiot wanted a hard drive they should not have bought the core system).

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
true but the other option (which is the one i chose) wait till they have been out a while and the bugs have been worked out. i figure that by christmas time the bugs will be out of the 360 and i will get myself an xbox 360 elite (black one)

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Lordraptor1 Uh.....the Xbox 360 has the red ring of death label for a reason. Usually, you have to send them back to MS, not Walmart. The problems with the 360 are epic and well documented, but because you work at Walmart and saw a couple of PS3's returned, they're buggy? Ummmm.... I think we'll just have to agree to disagree. I have both and have real world knowledge of both systems, you ....don't.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
true i am only going by my experience with the original xbox and teh original playstation and the ps2, and i still prefer the xbox. the ps 2 wasn't called a piece of $*** 2 for nothing, besides there is not a game out there that i play that is not available for the pc platform and a pc will blow any console system away in terms of graphics and so forth. i am not disagreeing with anyone it boils down to a personal preference with consoles. i know that by what i have seen in the way of console returns in the past 6 months at various places there are more ps3's returned than 360's, i (unlike most) always wait until a system has been out a while so bugs get worked out and the price drops a little. this has served me well as now that the ps2 is old i am finally getting ones that work better than i did but some still do not play ALL the original playstation titles.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
also on a side note while you and your ps3 are gaming online with fellow ps3 owners the 360 owners will be online with not only other 360 owners but also pc gamers. ms is still new to the console world but for their second system they are doing well, when they say their system is backwards compatible they mean it unlike the ps2 that was hit and miss on the original ps titles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts