Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so the codes on the back of the mystery cars dont help out at all i think there all diffrent

but

this is kind of a pain but it works buy the ones you find go home and weigh them on a digital scale each car weights a diffrent amount so record the weight and open it then write the name of the car with the weight so you will know for future refrence i have the weight for

what 4 2
sand stinger
corvette c6
masseratti
cuda
and the
dodge m80? SILVE RED AND BLACK TRUCK

ill find my list and post them later

i just take my digital scal with me to stores and if a weight i dont have written down comes up i buy the car

its kinda a pain and a hassel but its worth saving some money to do it im trying to get the vw bug and ive wasted 10$ on other mystery cars and for me 10$ is alot seeing how i get like 20$ a week lunch money from my parents and thats all the money i have

also i got a scale that fits in my pocket for 5$ at a smoke shop so id say 5$ is a good investment seeing how ive avoided getting 13 duplicates in the last week since i bought it

,chris

·
Lookout the Mac is Back!!
8,413 Posts
Back in the day of the Revealers cars, a lot of people did that to find the ones with the little token in them for the special 10 car set or the golden car and the bike... pretty dedicated stuff there

·
Registered
390 Posts
vw-wl-collector said:
its kinda a pain and a hassel but its worth saving some money to do it im trying to get the vw bug and ive wasted 10$ on other mystery cars and for me 10$ is alot seeing how i get like 20$ a week lunch money from my parents and thats all the money i have

also i got a scale that fits in my pocket for 5$ at a smoke shop so id say 5$ is a good investment seeing how ive avoided getting 13 duplicates in the last week since i bought it

,chris
PRICELESS:

+ $20 To be used for lunch
- $10 On Mystery cars
- $5 On scale at smoke shop
- $5 On Some Mystery Smoke @ the smoke shop :dude: :dude: :dude:

Because every car weighs the same 1.6oz (weighed all 10 of mine)

But for all 14 other mystery cars I need to find weighing 1.6oz and buy myself some lunch there's Mastercard!!!! :confused: :jest: :jest:

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dragonfly27 said:
PRICELESS:

+ $20 To be used for lunch
- $10 On Mystery cars
- $5 On scale at smoke shop
- $5 On Some Mystery Smoke @ the smoke shop :dude: :dude: :dude:

Because every car weighs the same 1.6oz (weighed all 10 of mine)

But for all 14 other mystery cars I need to find weighing 1.6oz and buy myself some lunch there's Mastercard!!!! :confused: :jest: :jest:

weigh them in grams not ounces

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
I think the point is, why bother...

we all know what cars are in these and they're pretty much the equivelant of mainline cars...and not even good ones at that...

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I ran into a "collector" who told me he did that with baseball cards and such that had the autographed and other rare, special cards, he even showed me the scale that he used, very precise, weighed out to the 100th of a gram, he told me he had alot of expensive cards, but had never found a hunt or other chase

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
clever idea, yes

practical? i don't think so.

I'm sure every car of the same car weighs identical (when you start getting more precise). Im sure if i took 2 of my oldsmobiles and weighed them they would be slightly different. Im sure it would be true with these, it might come up slightly heavier or lighter, making you think its one you dont have... but turns out it was unfder the spray paint a wee bit to long to make it heavier.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts