Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the comercial tracks I read about in Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. there seems to be nothing in Michigan other than Daves HO which is 90 miles away. Its crazy that there is so much interest in HO in the surrounding states and nothing here.

The funny thing is I live 2 miles from profesor motors and I picked an HO setup.

Anyway if there is any clubs or track owners in the Detroit area that would like to beat up on a newbie give me a shout.

Brian

·
Registered
33 Posts
Brian, are you interested in racing? I ask that because some guys really aren't. I race with a group of guys in the SE MI area. By SE MI I mean we pretty much range from Sterling Heights on the east side, Howell/Brighton (me) on the west side, and north to about Flint.

We race 5 or 6 classes ranging from Boxstock Tjets up to SG+/Polystock Tycos. No prizes, no entry fees. A bunch of us get together at one of our club tracks, host supplies food, eat, bs, and just have a good time. Yes, we race also. Club tracks are all roadcourses. A few Tomy, one Tyco, one MaxTrax, one custom routed Bowman-style track, and another custom routed coming on line at the end of the year. All tracks run regulated power supplies and computer lap timing/scoring systems.

I have raced with Jeff Curtis (Slotrunner) before of Mid MI Slot Runners in some HOPRA/UFHORA/MIHORA events the last few years. Jeff's a great guy and good source for Wizzard and BSRT parts/cars. And, if you want to run the SS, MOD, and RO cars, Jeff can give you all the info you would need on their racing schedule and classes for MIHORA for the rest of their season. I gave up the fast stuff for this year (it's always in the back of mind to want run the fast stuff!).

If you are interested in our club-type races, feel free to e-mail me (I just got this acct. so I don't know if I have everything in my acct is set up right). We have a race this Saturday, I could sent you the classes/location if you want to give it a try. If you don't have cars, I'm sure we could provide loaners.

Steve

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steve thanks for the invite.

I really don know if I want to race hardcore. I don't think I can get that serious about it. But it would be nice to do something other than playing fetch the cars with my kids.

I will email you later today.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mikeponiatowski said:
Brian,

Tsshobbies in Whitmore Lake has an Aurora Tub Track and HO dragstrip for your racing pleasure. Not too far from where you live.

http://www.tsshobbies.com/ho.php
I went by there a few weeks ago when they had the 1/24 drag comps going on. The tub track was not there it was out for repairs they said.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
breaume said:
I really don know if I want to race hardcore. I don't think I can get that serious about it. But it would be nice to do something other than playing fetch the cars with my kids.
:p

That's kind of how I feel. I'm out in So Cal, and wanted to find someone in my area racing HO's, just so I could find out in person all the things I am doing wrong.

Then yesterday I was given a phone number to call, and now I'm going to a race event this weekend with a Hall of Famer of the slot car world. Sure hope my box stock Super G+ is up to the challenge ;)

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=179051

·
Registered
69 Posts
breaume--
You can always do what Crimnick did, and come join us. We race every-other Sunday afternoon at one of nine tracks, in and around Toledo. We also have a "practice" throughout the week also. We only race one class of car; which is basically a Super Stock. We would be glad to get you start with loaner equipment. Just let Crimnick or me know. We do charge a $3 race fee, which goes toward our end of the year banquet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts