Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i actually bought a few of the new rock art cars today! the G n R GN mainly for the casting but the art and color combo is pretty sweet when you see it in person. the Led Zep bus is flat out awesome. i used to be a big Zep Head back in the day and intended to buy this one as soon as they hit my local wally. the artwork on the bus itself and card literally rock. the blu is also one of the sweetest blues i have seen. i hope to see it on a lot of other castings in the future! i also grabbed these two elvis shelby's for some reason. :)

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
those actually look pretty good.IMO,those should very well.That`s the 1st pics I`ve seen of them up close and the artwork is very good.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Scored the Cobra and Buick as well. The artwork is awesome. The bus is very cool except one thing. It has Zepplin on it. I am sorry but Zepplin sucks. Didn't get the bus for the one reason.
Otherwise congrats on the score

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
Stack said:
Scored the Cobra and Buick as well. The artwork is awesome. The bus is very cool except one thing. It has Zepplin on it. I am sorry but Zepplin sucks. Didn't get the bus for the one reason.
I had to read that twice to believe it, did you say Zeppelin sucks? Wow I didn't think I'd ever run across someone that could put those two words together. You can't truly be a music fan if you don't appreciate their contributions to it. I bet there aren't too many good bands playing today that weren't influenced by them in some way. I respect your honesty, but wow. What would you consider good music then, just out of curiosity?

In any case, the cars are just OK to me although I thought the Bus stood out among them. I can't wait to see what some nuts will pay for the GN WLs. At least they don't have white tires or aren't painted white, that should keep the prices down under $1,000. :freak:

It's going to take alot for me to buy that Cobra Daytona. I can't see it painted that way. Unless I find the WL or I get it very cheap, I'll be passing.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Stack said:

I think we need to have a talk my friend.

·
Registered
929 Posts
All right I'll say it, that Shelby Daytona is downright ugly! :freak: This is a casting I collect, but I don't think I can bring myself to buy one. The Zep bus is the only one I will buy. (except for WLs of course)

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I am sorry but Zepplin sucks
:p
Obviously not everyone is the same. I myself am not a big Zep fan, never have been. They have a few songs I like but have never owned a Zepplin album. (I even grew up in the era, born in 61) We like what we like.

That aside, nice finds. Have not seen those around here.

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
midtown said:
I don't care for Led Zeppelin either.
I've heard some of the stuff you do like, so that statement doesn't surprise me in the least. :wave:

Look my intent wasn't to drive the thread off track with my reply. Even if you don't like them, you have to recognize their contributions to music. In their time they laid the foundation for many groups to come.

If John Bonham wasn't prone to such binge drinking, we wouldn't have been deprived of newer music and more people might have come to appreciate their talent as I have.

Jumping off soap box now. :wave: :tongue:

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
I haven't seen these on the pegs yet but I'm not planning on picking any up. The pea green Vette looks hideous to me, and a flat green Cobra Daytona?...no thank you. At least this series has attracted some collectors and for those who have found these, congrats and enjoy! :)

Stack said:
John,
Knowing you are a truck guy and a self-proclaimed completist, pick up the Zep bus and do a careful de-tampo job. The color combo does look nice.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts