Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, I'm looking for some parts. So far I'm bumping into people who want more money than junk is worth. And I thought, who better to turn to than the great guys at HT who are into this stuff all the time, maybe they can help me out.

I'm looking for a certain bizaare JL casting known as the Bugaboo. Now, the first release was a limited edition and I wouldn't feel right about tearing one of those apart. But later they were released with Bozo the clown and the wolfman painted on the side. I would like to find 2 or 3 loose usable copies, don't really need the wheels so if you happen to have a carcass or two with the engines laying around even better.

For wheels though, I am looking for anything with the motorcycle skinnies in front, and whatever wide tires in back will do. Some JL castings I've seen like this include the '23 and '27 T Ford, the Undertaker show rod and the Speed Coupe show rod. Not every version has the skinnies, but it is the skinnies I'm looking for. Priced reasonable, please guys. Loose is fine as long as the wheels are usable.

Last, I'm looking for a decal sheet from a model kit like a dragster or funny car, doesn't need to be complete, just looking for some of the old standbys like Hooker Headers, Mooneyes, STP, Champion spark plugs, that kind of thing. Regular old water transfer is just fine. I expect they will be a bit oversized on a 1/64 diecast, but I think I can make some of them work.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm not a big customizer, but I've got this burning idea I just gotta try out. So if you guys can help, even better! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks, I'll look into that.

I know the bugaboo is a weird casting and the Bozo is pretty darn unpopular, that's why I'm picking on it for the body parts. I appreciate the help.

That site is pretty cool. Looks like I've got a source for the decals now. Now if I can just find the castings...

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I mean the Bugaboo casting with Bozo on the side looks stupid. The casting deserves better graphics and treatment...and for that matter so does the clown.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts