Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need some assistance from the experts

I have a couple of Playing Mantis Johnny Lightning items that I am trying to get an idea of their value. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

1)A prototype of the Magma 1:43 Johnny Unser Special 1 of 20. I got it as a member of the Johnny Lightning Club in February 1998. It came with a letter stating this information on Playing Mantis letterhead signed by Lisa Greco. who was the Customer Service Manager.

2)In June 2001 I received a set of 6 Modern Muscle raw cars ( no charge to me). This to was some kind of special promotion for members of the Johnny Lightning Club. I think there were 100 of this radomly sent out to members.

Those were the good old days at Playing Mantis. I am not looking to sell these, but am curious as to their value.

I appreciate any information you may be able to provide.

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I'm sorry I can't answer your question. I just wanted to say that you have what I think is some pretty awesome stuff! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
I have no idea on the Magma but the Modern Muscle Raw set is fairly valuable. I wouldn't mind owning it since I actually collected the whole Modern Muscle set but it hasn't happened.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Those both sound like keepers to me.

I have a fairly extensive Al Unser Sr /1970-71 Vels/Parnelli/Johnny Lightning special collection.

I've noticed that his racing stuff has been gaining value lately.

Being ranked as one of the 10 (conservatively,yet arguably) top drivers in racing history,I can only guess what his memoralbilia will be worth in the future.

The raw set,I'm not so sure... but I believe there were 50 sets of those and a couple other raw series of that year.

I was drawn and sent the raw set of HOW's and I'm sure someday, the price will be right for selling but I'm gonna keep it for now.

all that gobbeldy **** and nothing to answer your question...sorry :freak:

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
At one time I think I saw one of those cars (not a prototype) go for somewhere around a Hundred dollars. I do not remember where I saw it or if I was just out in Never Never Land but this had all the boxes and Documentation to go with it.

As to the RAW cars, I haven't any idea. Some were called First Shots and they maybe worth $5-$20 as a guess.
Since I do not sell any of my cars I really should just keep my mouth shut
Sorry i couldn't help anymore than that.
Richard

1 - 8 of 8 Posts