Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need as much tyco/mattel single lane as I can get. I am building a slot car train set to go with my layout. I am not much into model trains so I will do it my way .A single lane slot track and resin streamliner train with a 440 Tyco motors and magnets in each car. This baby should run fast like a true streamliner. not much for purest train guys, but right up my alley.

Also looking for tyco reg curves and banks also will trade my bodies for either.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
I have some of this stuff. Not a whole ton, but some. I know I'll never use it. I'll email you when I can get home and check it out...

I have that station wagon to send you anyway...

--rick

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Kevin-I can cover pretty much any number of Tyco 2 lane banks and 9" radius curves you need. I was going to get some of your bods anyway so a trade would be excellent.

Did you know that Tyco made a train for slot tracks? Do a search on ebay for Tyco twin turbo. There are usually some listed. If you search for Tyco turbo trains you can see the slot train they did for regular HO train track. Both types are powered by the Tyco X2 motor and have traction bar mags in the cars. If you want to see them up close I can send you a set of each.

If interested just email me.

Steve

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Hey Kevin...
Ever thought of cutting the two lane track down the middle?
(Frankintracking...)
Scott

·
Premium Member
8,297 Posts
I have a TYCO X-Treme racing set..lmk if inetersted.It comes with 2 cars in original box

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Single-Lane Tyco/Mattel Track

If you want some new, the Mattel 'Battle Slam' set comes with a good bit of single-lane track. Otherwise, check out any flea markets, garage sales, thrift stores, and slot car/ toy/train shows in your area. The 'Super Duper Double Looper' sets are the ones to look for as they have single-lane tracks in them. You can also see if your local hobby shop can order some for you.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
dlw said:
If you want some new, the Mattel 'Battle Slam' set comes with a good bit of single-lane track. Otherwise, check out any flea markets, garage sales, thrift stores, and slot car/ toy/train shows in your area. The 'Super Duper Double Looper' sets are the ones to look for as they have single-lane tracks in them. You can also see if your local hobby shop can order some for you.
Just today I saw the Battle Slam on clearance at Kmart for 40.00, down from 60.00...

--rick

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks I have been buying this stuff up for a wile. But with my new store opening soon (SHIPSHEWANA INDIANA) I am building a couple of tracks for others to play on. when I started laying out them and my ridgeway run track out. I found myself short on curves. long and short and even banks. I have gotten results already and if all the deal go though I might have enuff .did I say enough can you ever have enough?

dlw said:

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
22tall said:
Did you know that Tyco made a train for slot tracks? Do a search on ebay for Tyco twin turbo. There are usually some listed. If you search for Tyco turbo trains you can see the slot train they did for regular HO train track. Both types are powered by the Tyco X2 motor and have traction bar mags in the cars. If you want to see them up close I can send you a set of each.

Steve
That tyco tubro train is just sweet :eek: . i dont like the fake train track painted on on the track itself. i want to be able to run my slot cars on the same single lane track for a nice county drive.

if you want to get rid of one of those trains let me know .best not to lone me one because like a big kid i ten to tear things apart. :D

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ParkRNDL said:
I have some of this stuff. Not a whole ton, but some. I know I'll never use it. I'll email you when I can get home and check it out...

I have that station wagon to send you anyway...

--rick
thanks bud send away .will gladly work a trade on any track you want to send

1 - 11 of 11 Posts