Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
IS VINYL "Polyethylene" Plastic? I bought some Permatex Ultra Bond Super Glue from "Auto Zone" I want to use it on my Mars Attacks Martians Oh how bout Resin Can I use it on that? Sorry to be so Nieve (sp) but I'm anxious to Work on this before the Baby wakes up! lol and these guys are part Resin (Arms, Legs) with a Vinyl Torso and Head! thanks

JOHN/LONFAN ack Ack ACK!

***NEVER MIND SEZ RIGHT HERE "Bonds: Blah,Blah, Blah, VINYL,And Blah!" lol Guess I should read more carefully. lol and this is the Advanced Formula! we'll let ya' know BUT if it does'nt do the trick we have the Ol' Trusty "JB Weld" NEVER FAILED ME YET!! Especialy on Vinyl I used this Crap on a Halcyon Face Hugger I swear I can Pose it in ANY Postion no Rips!!! Great stuff but kinda messy! talk to ya' later
LON/JOHN

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
hey john, if it does work on polyethylene (the plastic 5 gallon pails etc are made of), let me know... nothing sticks to that stuff

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
hey Razor , have ya tried the Ambroid pro weld ? i think it's methylene chloride mostly and i know it'll stick acrylic ( not sure about PE though ) .
hb

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
Ambroid?

beck,

Ambroid Pro-Weld is a liquid cement for styrene, ABS, etc.- if it's the stuff I've used (you might have another Ambroid product with which I'm unfamiliar). So I doubt it would work with vinyl or resin. Only cyanoacrylate (superglues) or epoxies will work on those plastics.

Back to Ambroid: I've been told that although it works fine for styrene-to-styrene and ABS-to-ABS bonds, it (like most other liquid solvent-type cements) won't bond styrene to ABS. The product of choice for that application is Plastruct's Plastic Weld.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts