Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just converted a Factory Entertainment hand Phaser bottle opener for fun & I realized I was (in the words of Bruce Lee) wasting myself. So now I'm gonna make my grail Phaser, from scratch this time. Metal parts from susannetrek, and body from epoxy putty and sheet styrene. A real Nona, here we go .....
Gadget Audio equipment Bumper Flooring Musical instrument accessory

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
I understand, I have carved a few P1s myself over the years. Once robin1's came along I stopped.

I'll be watching this for sure, maybe robin1 can chime in with some advice. I think he is still a member here, and
with the loss of TPZ his expertise could be helpful.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
The Wand Co phaser is good. I believe that it was laser scanned from Greg Jein's hero but some manufacturing limitations caused a few, very small, deviations. For me it's the gold standard for mass produced phasers, but not 100% perfect.

Also, none of the 4 hero phasers used in filming were exactly alike. They were handmade.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Wand Co phaser is good. I believe that it was laser scanned from Greg Jein's hero but some manufacturing limitations caused a few, very small, deviations. For me it's the gold standard for mass produced phasers, but not 100% perfect.

Also, none of the 4 hero phasers used in filming were exactly alike. They were handmade.
Yep.

·
Oxidation Genius
21,576 Posts
My friend Frank just got a resin 3D printer, grabbed phaser and communicator files from online, and printed himself a perfect set. I'm sure he'd be happy to print some for sale. Look for Frank T 3D Productions on facebook.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts