Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Because I have plenty on hand at all times, I would use plastic automotive body filler.
Or "Bondo" (that's a brand).

But a hobby store would have some modeling filler putty in a small tube that would be easier to work with, and cheaper by far because you only need a small amount.

Good Luck!
Lum :wave:

·
Administrator
37,042 Posts
Check out the small bolts nails and screws at your local hard ware store. Upholstery tacks, etc. Snip the ends off and glue them in place.

·
Registered
6,873 Posts
Not sure what you mean by smoothing them out. The outer facing wheel? Like this?
If that is the case, like Milton said, sometimes the right size tack head will fit right in place with some super glue.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Not sure what you mean by smoothing them out. The outer facing wheel? Like this?
If that is the case, like Milton said, sometimes the right size tack head will fit right in place with some super glue.

I think the smoothing was to fill the tire tread to simulate wear?

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
I believe that Mustwang is a HW and already has no tread.

And since a "faceless" wheel is almost never seen, that's my guess as to what's what.

Lumb

·
Administrator
37,042 Posts
I think the smoothing was to fill the tire tread to simulate wear?
If that is what the op wants to do - then an emory board (finger nail file) will take care of tread patterns on the edge of tires and tread depth on the rolling face - very quickly!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts