Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice stuff kiwi atleast u got those there still no boulevards here or any other series for that matter :cry:
They don't seem to stock every batch here, only every second or third one. Better than nothing but a little annoying still.

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
But Boulevard and real riders stay on my shopping list!
Heck yes they do.
There is only one place down here that stocks Boulevards, and the only ones they have are leftovers from the first release. Every Boulevard release is full of attractive cars, it's a great series, not many duds at all... Congratulations on overcoming Mainlineitis! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha, no, this is one of my 40-car-metal boxes. This one is reserved for all manner of real riders.

iPad photos here, so don't worry about the quality... :drunk:

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Where did you get those storage tins?
I like the look of those.
Is there a website or is this a local purchase.
Please let me know.
Thanks,
Richard

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where did you get those storage tins?
I like the look of those.
Is there a website or is this a local purchase.
Please let me know.
Thanks,
Richard
Mattel makes them and they seem to be quite abundant in the shops around here. They come either as a Matchbox or Hot Wheels themed version.

·
Registered
520 Posts
We only see plastic cases here in the USA. Speaking for myself I'm not keen on storing diecast in a metal case as it could result in paint scrapes if you had to transport the models/cases over a long distance. Should be fine if you confine the cases to one's house though...

That said I do like the robustness of a metal case over plastic which sometimes will get brittle/crack with the passage of time (and some rough handling). Do like your metal cases but find it's a bit weird one can only see the front or rear of a vehicle stored in one of those compartments. I prefer seeing the side of a vehicle when stored in a case. :wave:

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
We only see plastic cases here in the USA. Speaking for myself I'm not keen on storing diecast in a metal case as it could result in paint scrapes if you had to transport the models/cases over a long distance. Should be fine if you confine the cases to one's house though...

That said I do like the robustness of a metal case over plastic which sometimes will get brittle/crack with the passage of time (and some rough handling). Do like your metal cases but find it's a bit weird one can only see the front or rear of a vehicle stored in one of those compartments. I prefer seeing the side of a vehicle when stored in a case. :wave:
I haven't even seen Jammers cases at Wally's for a while. If the need to transport the cars over a long distance arises, I'd just wrap each one in some bubble-wrap.

What is the orange car with the number 72?

·
Registered
520 Posts
I haven't even seen Jammers cases at Wally's for a while. If the need to transport the cars over a long distance arises, I'd just wrap each one in some bubble-wrap.
Walmart quit selling Jammers cases since apparently they can break and possibly hurt a child. However I think the case was "rebranded" (it's still the same case, just a different name on it now) and is still sold as a sewing thread case as a spool of thread fits into each compartment nicely. Not sure if Walmart may sell it as a sewing case now - check the sewing/crafts department.

I still have some empty Jammers cases to fill so haven't gone looking in a store for them in some time. :wave:

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Walmart quit selling Jammers cases since apparently they can break and possibly hurt a child. However I think the case was "rebranded" (it's still the same case, just a different name on it now) and is still sold as a sewing thread case as a spool of thread fits into each compartment nicely. Not sure if Walmart may sell it as a sewing case now - check the sewing/crafts department.
I'd heard that, too. Will have to check next time I go...I have too many cars wrapped in paper towels and sitting in a box!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts