Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Airfare round trip is only like $290.

This'll be my first. Gotta find a sitter for Olivia for three days or so.

Anyway, see you there!

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Now you just gotta start savin' up an additional $400 to $500 while at WonderFest to cover your room and food (I'm assuming you and your lady-wife are going, right?) for the weekend. What days are you planning on being there? A lot of folks I know get there on Thursday and stay thru to Monday morning. Don't forget to reserve your room ASAP, as well.

DISCLAIMER: The above doesn't cover the cost of models, tho. ;)

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
arrival on Friday evening - myself and leaving Monday morning.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Well, if you can find someone with which to share a room, you'll easily be covered w/$400, IMNSHO (not counting your airfare). It gets cheaper the more folks you've got, obviously, and you can get a rollaway bed from the hotel so that three folks can comfortably sleep in the room w/o having to share a bed. For three nights with three folks, I think it'll run roughly $95 per person - before taxes.

If you take all your meals at the hotel restaurant, it'll run you around $40 a day - if you don't order the most expensive dinners they've got. Two day pass for WF itself is around $30, I think? Depending on if you particpate in any of the official events, like the usual Saturday night movie and the Sunday night banquet, it'll run you about another $30 to $40, based on previous prices that I can recall.

I've got a suite (parlor w/two bedrooms) again this year and the breakdown is a bit less for us per person, as we usually get seven of us in the rooms - four queen sized beds, two rollaways and there's a hide-a-bed in the parlor, as well as the couch folds out to a bed. This year was around $150 per person for four nights, IIRC.

Anyhow, you'll have fun, I think. Just sort of wander around and don't try to go overboard learning who everone is. Take it all in, relax and you'll have a blast. That's what I did my first WF.

·
Registered
130 Posts
And be sure to wear a nametag with your "stage" name as well as the forums you frequent....that way it will seem like everyong knows you ;-)

Griff...any room left in the suite for a fairly good partyer ;-D ?

This will be the first year that go without having to work a table !

Fun, Fun, Fun !

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
best to stick with "Mike" methinks.

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
doesn't seem to be many vids on youtube featuring the goings-on at WF, just a bunch of model shots and whatnot. Granted, those are great but I'd like to see the events and the chumming around which, I suppose doesn't make great footage of a modeling convention, huh?

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Sadly, it's true. The pool area is MUCH smaller now and there's no patio. The area the patio used to be is now an additional event room, as well as the gym is now located in a part of what used to be the patio area. On the upside, the gym is larger than it used to be, having more equipment as well.

Another downside, tho - the new lounge sux. There's no more atmosphere like in the old bar and it's prolly half the size. :(

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
gotta get a new tradition going?

how come it's not being held at the Executive West?

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Another downside, tho - the new lounge sux. There's no more atmosphere like in the old bar and it's prolly half the size. :(
And twice the price.
Gotta say though, that beer they had in bourbon or whisky casks was interesting. In a different but not unpleasant way.

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it'll be down to the wire. It'll be up to whether or not my father-in-law pays me back the $500 I loaned him in time.

If not, a cool lightsaber and some nice kits.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts