Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have just been setting up some new displays, still unpacking from a move 3 years ago . I just unpacked a box with these in there and put them out, I dont have them all but I have most.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
The Matchbox Treasure Hunt! I remember trying to hunt some of these down when they first came out. About a year later my TRU got cases of just the gold cars in and were selling them for 3 bucks a piece. They had hundreds of them forever, I guess the fad wore out. I got a few I liked but never tried to get them all.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I need one more for my personal collection...I have #5 Jeep, and I need the #37 (I think thats the other) Jeep to have both of them! LOL

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
i got almost 100 of those the year they were put out. took my picture like the contest said and sent it in. then one night the ups man knocks on the back door and hands me this little package. inside was one of the 750 gold 57 chevys they gave out as grand prizes. that was cool to win.

but, not cool enough to keep. some guy in japan offered me $300.00 for it 3 days after i got it. couldn't pass that kind've money up. since it's probably not worth $50.00 now.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i got almost 100 of those the year they were put out. took my picture like the contest said and sent it in. then one night the ups man knocks on the back door and hands me this little package. inside was one of the 750 gold 57 chevys they gave out as grand prizes. that was cool to win.

but, not cool enough to keep. some guy in japan offered me $300.00 for it 3 days after i got it. couldn't pass that kind've money up. since it's probably not worth $50.00 now.
These still sold for $150 or so even last year. Seems to be a popular model.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I have most of them but never completed the set. I also won the 57 Chevy mail in.:thumbsup:
The tough one's to get were the 2 that were available only in the 10 pack gift sets.
#55 4x4 Ford Pickup and #70 1970 GTO. I saw these way back when they were on the shelves but unfortunately didn't pick them up.:(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts