Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure most of you have seen the new light bulbs at the home supply or lighting stores that look like Incandescent bulbs, but are actually LEDs, they are called Filament LEDs and I love them......:thumbsup:
So many new options when using them in a build, no more "Hot-Spots" when lighting your Nacelles, or for me, lighting the wall beams in my J-2.....:wink2:

·
Premium Member
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those look fantastic!
Where can you buy them from?
I had to go through Runlite Technology's U.S. Reps. and place a 1000 pcs. min. order. Couldn't find anyone else to buy them from....:freak:

Exclusive USA representative:
Taurus International Corporation
ADD: 275 N. Franklin Turnpike, Ramsey, New Jersey 07446.
Phone: 201-825-2420
Email: [email protected]

67mm filament-LED Lighting,SMD LED,POWER LED,epistar led,led source-ShenZhen Runlite Technology Co.,Ltd

·
Registered
580 Posts
In your video you indicate you are thinking about selling these, I am VERY interested in a set if you do decide to sell them. I have had several people ask me about lighting my Ceiling Beam Kit, since the beams are hollow to begin with, this would be perfect.

·
Premium Member
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Very cool discovery! Shame they don't run on 3VDC, but I guess an inverter isn't too onerous...
These have 45 LEDs in series so that each one would produce uniform light, so 3 volts is out of the question, besides some EL inveters are very small and easy the work with.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I had to go through Runlite Technology's U.S. Reps. and place a 1000 pcs. min. order. Couldn't find anyone else to buy them from....
I wonder if it would be worthwhile making a new thread category for allowing anyone who wants to participate in a mass order with you or someone, to be able to do so? 1000pc buys, would be a lot easier to afford, when several are contributing to the pot.

·
Registered
557 Posts
These are now available where the LEDs are connected in parallel instead of in series.
This means they will run off 3 volts and not the high voltage that the series connected ones need. So no need for a high voltage inverter to drive them.
Have a look on aliexpress.com and search for filament LEDs. About 90c for a set of 5, including postage.

Alien

·
Premium Member
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
These are now available where the LEDs are connected in parallel instead of in series.
This means they will run off 3 volts and not the high voltage that the series connected ones need. So no need for a high voltage inverter to drive them.
Have a look on aliexpress.com and search for filament LEDs. About 90c for a set of 5, including postage.

Alien
I couldn't find them, could you please post a link, thank you.....:wave:

·
Premium Member
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks, did you notice the power consumption? They draw 1 watt each for the small (32mm) version, I can only assume the longer, if they even offer longer (67mm) draw
2 watts per, that translates to, at 3.2 volts @ 320ma per 32mm and at 2 watt at 3.2 volt @ 625ma per 67mm, that's a lot of power for one filament LED....:surprise:
The ones I use are 10ma each @ 125-130volts, using a small inverter that draws only 20ma I can run 8 67mm Filament LEDs with one inverter and draw about 100ma.:thumbsup:
Everything has a trade off, just saying.

·
Premium Member
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks, I've seen them and again, take a look at the current consumption, 1 watt = 290ma - 310ma per, that's way too much current for one unit and so far I've managed not to get shocked....:wink2:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts