Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I don't know alot of you and I hope that will change. How about we help a guy that has done alot for the LIGHTNING FEST in OakBrook Ill. This Guy has done alot for them. I have read comments and posts on how Mark Hosaflook is such a great guy and I have some ideas to help him out on this
ANNUAL Diecast Fest he did. How about we do a Customs auction in this mid season right here on the board and everyone donate a CUSTOM. I'm in for it. How about it Guys. ANYONE ELSE?????? Then have the money go towards the FUTURE DIECAST FEST.LETS KEEP THIS THING GOING. I have never been to one and I want to gooooooooo. Sounds like a great time and alot of fun.
Thanks for reading. :thumbsup: :wave:

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Thanks for the offer. If I gave you the impression it is a financial problem, I'm sorry as it is not with the exception of recent events. The show is a not for profit system and in a normal year we would be well ahead of costs but since it is a good possiblity we too may move a different direction, any purchase made to this point doesn't transfer well. That is the problem so to get back to the point we are normally at, these castings need to be liquidated. In a normal year we easily cover costs and usually add something new to the fold for growth and fun.

Your idea is kind of in place now as many people do customs and donate them to the Charity Auction.

Thanks for the thought and idea but this should only be a very temporary issue.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was just trying to help out and contribute to the fest. I didn't take it as a financial problem. I was just offering to help. Guess i will wait and see what happens to see if there is gonna be a fest.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts