Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just felt like posting a big THANK YOU to all of my friends here at Hobbytalk slot car forum. I just came home last night from being gone nearly a week (I went to Colorado to help my brother move) and I couldn't wait to get back home to check out the board.

I am so appreciative of the close knit community that we all participate in here. I'll be honest....out of the 50+ message boards or forums that I'm a member of (ranging from Star Wars,diecast,GI Joe, and etc.) I've never found a more friendly community. I've made alot of friends here....and have enjoyed alot of great trades too.So many of you guys have stepped up to help me acquire pieces for my collection.......or just to offer advice to my beginner questions about resin casting,building and powering layouts, and etc. .....and I appreciate every response from you guys.

This hobby is truely special to me......and having you guys share your knowledge with me has helped me enjopy this hobby so much more. Usually in a hobby that's somewhat based upon competitiveness and racing people won't even begin to bother sharing anything with you........but not with you guys.........you guys have the same ideas about sharing knowledge that I do......it's more fun to have a level playing field...so everyone can enjoy racing.

I know it sounds like I'm rambling.........but in the last month and a half or so I've been out and away from home on 3 seperate occasions......nearly totalling a whole month. In this time I've learned that I truely am addicted to this hobby.....and enjoy reading these forums and participating with you guys here daily.

So to all of you regulars that post here I say THANK YOU!!!!! :wave:

For those of you who merely lurk here......and don't post I say WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR???? Jump on in here....enjoy this hobby with the rest of us. Everyone has to start somewhere........

Brian :thumbsup:

·
Registered
290 Posts
:thumbsup: I agree with you 100%!!! In the last year, I have met some of the coolest people!! Not only do I race and collect slots, I also collect diecast. I've met great people from the HT diecast forum as well. And having just received my anniversary appreciation gift, ( I chose the 350Z ) I would have to say "This is THE best site in the WORLD"!! Who else gives you a gift for talking about your hobbies and, sharing ideas to enjoy it more. And every now and then you meet these folks in person. I was lucky enough to meet HT's very own "Moose". I enjoy hangin' out with him ( Ron too) two great people I might not have met if not for HT. So yes, "Thanks" to everyone that helps make this board a success. And if you haven't joined, "What ARE you waiting for"?

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Thank YOU guys!

I've been on HT for a few years now. There's not a better bunch of people online.

Who would have thought that there was a bunch of grownups just like myself who still enjoy collecting & playing with little toy cars. It is also really cool that I've been able to actually meet with a few of you guys in person. HT has made that possible. I'm still wanting to get a local slotcar group together.

BTW, Brian I still gotta come up and check out your place. I'll try to give you a call sometime this week.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Captain Fred said:
I'm still wanting to get a local slotcar group together.

BTW, Brian I still gotta come up and check out your place. I'll try to give you a call sometime this week.

Hey man, I still want to get that local thing going too....or at the very least get a bunch of locals addicted to this great hobby.

Give me a call anytime this week man........I probably won't start on our latest job until Friday.....if the weather permitts......it may be Monday before we start.

So feel free to give me a call man.......we'll throw down some laps and I'll show you a couple of my latest project cars ;)

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
Definitely one of the best sights I've found. Has gotten to the point that this one is where I do most of my viewing. Great people, great topics and a great time!!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: rr

·
Tyco & Mopar Freak!
4,913 Posts
I must say that I agree with TX Street Racer.. I learned so much from this group even though I only met very few of you. Maybe in future I might meet you all. I wanna say thanks too!!

Wes

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I have visited many boards, but this one without a doubt is the best. The other boards have alot of complaining, whining, people with attitudes and "smart" primadonnas :rolleyes: --I don't need it.

The people here are helpful when they can be and that's important.
People like Goose, RR, TX, ParkRNDL, Capt. Fred, VaBcHRog, Micyou03, the Doc .and Wes have all helped me out one way or another and that will keep me here I like posting with you guys, so this is my slot car home and I'm staying.
I still look at the other sites-but not much anymore. We have it all here.:)
Thanks to everyone that makes this site such a fun place to be. :thumbsup:

Cheers to all!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts