Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished Karloff as Mr.Hyde from Abbott and Costello Meet Dr.Jeckly and Mr.Hyde:dude:--->>>>

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Classic Danny!
Love the paint job on this one, That red cape lining makes the whole kit pop!
Lighting in the lamp looks realistic also...
Who makes this kit?
Very cool
Denis

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Classic Danny!
Love the paint job on this one, That red cape lining makes the whole kit pop!
Lighting in the lamp looks realistic also...
Who makes this kit?
Very cool
Denis
Thanks Dennis and this one is put out by Monsters in Motion and sculpted by Jeff Yagher.The cape is vacform so heat gun was used at low temp to shape it to fit.But other than that its a sweet kit that nagged them to death to reissue one more time.So get while you can before its gone again.:dude:

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Excellent work Dan!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I like the colours you've used and your detail painting is superb!!

Chris.

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Dan, it is just fantastic! The colors,the details...just fantastic.

I admire your courage for getting THAT close to him, to take his photo!:eek:..:D

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow - that's the same base from Yagher's Frederic March Hyde. Very impressive.
Thanks guys and yap same base as the first run didnt come with a base.This is the reissue that Terry at MIM has released again for short time.That Panther woman just might see a reissue details in a pm to ya Tim:dude:

·
Elder Statesman
1,885 Posts
I wish Danny would re issue that base, cape, and walking stick for the March Mr. Hyde, I missed out on it the first I could really use it now.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks and Ian Karloff played the hyde in the movie only in Transformation scenes.Their was another actor that played Hyde running about in the movie.That MIM Fredrich March Hyde just might be reissued again.:dude:

·
Registered
581 Posts
Thanks and Ian Karloff played the hyde in the movie only in Transformation scenes.Their was another actor that played Hyde running about in the movie.That MIM Fredrich March Hyde just might be reissued again.:dude:
Not to hijack the thread, but that Yeager March Hyde was the best ever. He's a scumbag running away, and he's looking over his shoulder because he's knows he's scum and will pay for it eventually.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not to hijack the thread, but that Yeager March Hyde was the best ever. He's a scumbag running away, and he's looking over his shoulder because he's knows he's scum and will pay for it eventually.

Yagher sculpted both Hyde's for Monsters in Motion.:dude:

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
What a compliment you just gave wolfman! I'm pretty sure the lamp is painted, not lit.
I truly intended that compliment:thumbsup:
I know that isn't an opaque resin light with a bulb in it...
but if I didn't know that ...I'd swear is was!:p
...again Danny Super Job!....and Tim is that your Hyde kit...you know...
the Crouching Scumbag? another Cool Yagher Classic! How many Hydes did he sculpt? BTW Great job on that one too Tim:thumbsup:
Denis

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I truly intended that compliment:thumbsup:
I know that isn't an opaque resin light with a bulb in it...
but if I didn't know that ...I'd swear is was!:p
...again Danny Super Job!....and Tim is that your Hyde kit...you know...
the Crouching Scumbag? another Cool Yagher Classic! How many Hydes did he sculpt? BTW Great job on that one too Tim:thumbsup:
Denis
Thanks a million Dennis and Yagher believe sculpted 4.These two and the Aurora boxart Tribute kit and another of Fredrich March.I love to see yagher do another A.C Hyde with him crashing threw the door towards the end of the movie with Lou and Bud hot on his Trail.:dude:

·
Registered
581 Posts
That's my Frederic March Hyde buildup - and now that I think of it, it was my first resin model. Heavy and expensive as hell (or at least I thought so at the time), but when I opened the box and saw the detail, I almost wet my pants!:p

·
Elder Statesman
1,885 Posts
I believe Eddie Parker played Mr. Hyde in Abbott and Costello, also I believe the Aurora Jekyell as Mr. Hyde is based on this film also.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I believe Eddie Parker played Mr. Hyde in Abbott and Costello, also I believe the Aurora Jekyell as Mr. Hyde is based on this film also.
Ya he was the one doing all the action scenes in the film.Karloff only did the Transformation scenes.

·
Registered
32 Posts
This looks great! I really like the way you painted it up. I ordered one and got it a few weeks ago myself but haven't put it together yet. I first remember seeing this kit in Modelers Resource (Feb/March issue#26) and flipping over it. (Tom Gilliland did a nice article and build up on it.) I missed out on the first run but when Monsters in Motion decided to run it again I had to get it! The likeness and pose are spot on. I thought about scratch building a base but after seeing yours together and painted I may go with the base that's included. BTW have you built the Gargantua kits yet? Would love to see them. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts