Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I Have Alot Of Chassis But Contiuously Run Out Of Bodies I Picked A Pile Of Hot Wheels Etc Up At A Flea Market Last Week End For A Buck And Decided To Try One On An Old Tyco Pro. I Got Carried Away With The Chrome And Wished I Would Have Stopped At The 2nd Picture . It Sure Holds The Track Better With The Extra Weight. You All Do Any Thing Crazy Like This With The Super Glue ?????

Attachments

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
doctorslotcar said:
I Have Alot Of Chassis But Contiuously Run Out Of Bodies I Picked A Pile Of Hot Wheels Etc Up At A Flea Market Last Week End For A Buck And Decided To Try One On An Old Tyco Pro. I Got Carried Away With The Chrome And Wished I Would Have Stopped At The 2nd Picture . It Sure Holds The Track Better With The Extra Weight. You All Do Any Thing Crazy Like This With The Super Glue ?????

Looks neat. I have tried but have found that they are just too heavy for me to enjoy. I have a lot of bodies I am planning to put on ebay soon. If you would like first crack at them let me know.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have to agree with Mike (Hey Mike!). Most die cast cars are too heavy, but the cheap ones, like Kid Connection, and dollar store cheap-o are ALOT thinner. That makes them lighter and easier to work with if you have to do any cutting or grinding. You can always convert the die-cast into slot cars and try to get someone to mold and cast them cast in resin for you. (just look at all the top-notch work by Dragula, Corrie Shrinkworks, and Mr Willysgasser to name a few) Or you could get really brave and creative and try to mold them yourself. Good luck!!

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
I have bodies that I hav finished off from all the above mentioned casters. I really enjoy it. I have a hard enough trouble finding time to detail their bodies, nevermind casting my owne.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I havent given the casting thing a try yet either. One of these days I will get bold and give it a shot. There is so much cool stuff to be had on this board that there is ALWAYS a project or two (or 5! LOL) on the desk being worked on. File, trim, drill, grind, measure, paint, repeat....thats ALOT time! LOL Projects everywhere!! But thats the fun of it, isnt it? LOL

·
Registered
229 Posts
I got Yer bods bud.

Dragula said:
Believe me,I am grateful for your business!
Dragjet Resins.
Chris
Seen ya here and thot I'd tell ya that I am havin fun workin on them. My mom is goin thru a hard time health wise but I have gotten to do a little lowerin, and cuttin and resin sure seems easier to grind on than the standard bodies. I will get some more when time allows. Thanks for the speedy delivery and the quality of the product. Circle Track DAC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts