Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
I hope the people who look at this realize that it wasn't the "A" that blew up like that.

·
Registered
344 Posts
You'll notice he failed to perfectly replicate the Paul Olsen pearl secondary aztec. Look at that one remaining nacelle -- the gold and green are transposed, and the blue is at least two shades too light.

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
Upon clicking on the "View all revisions" link, I was amazed to find that the first update was on May 13, 2008. It's been up for 18 months without a single bid? I am shocked :freak:

·
Never lost for words
2,123 Posts
The unfortunate part of this is that this particular Micro-Machine was only available as part of a big set and is, therefore, somewhat rare. Of course, it's value is severely reduced by the condition of the toy and lack of original packaging.

Jim

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
it's value is severely reduced by the condition of the toy and lack of original packaging.
I totally agree, but I'd change "severely reduced" to read "reduced to zero", which is born out by the fact that it's been for sale for over 18 months without a bid :)

·
Registered
4,672 Posts

"What am I offered for item number 170217709935? What am I offered for item number 170217709935 and a year's subscription to Youth's Companion? Will somebody take a year's subscription? I'm trying to work my way through college. Will somebody take a six months' subscription? I'll go to high school. Does anybody want to buy a lead pencil? I'll wrestle anybody in the crowd for five dollars."

·
Registered
83 Posts
The unfortunate part of this is that this particular Micro-Machine was only available as part of a big set and is, therefore, somewhat rare. Of course, it's value is severely reduced by the condition of the toy and lack of original packaging.

Jim
Rare, really? I have this set and it's still in NMC, I got for $9.99 14 years ago, I don't have the packaging, however I do have all the display stands they came with. starting bid will be $10,000 :freak: :p

·
Never lost for words
2,123 Posts
Rare, really? I have this set and it's still in NMC, I got for $9.99 14 years ago, I don't have the packaging, however I do have all the display stands they came with. starting bid will be $10,000 :freak: :p
By somewhat rare, I meant rarer than other Star Trek Micro Machines but not exactly a collector's item that would command a high price.

Jim

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
That's the first thing I thought of, Jim. He destroyed a perfectly good, hard to find toy. It's the only one I never had. A shame.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Oddly enough, I just came across that packaging! I have it downstairs in the basement. Any takers?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts