Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I opened up Moebius's "Bride of Frankenstein", glued together the main assemblies, and primed them. There has NEVER been a styrene model like this before. This is the gold medal, Holy Grail, grand-prize-winner of all styrene models in history. I can't say enough about it. The sculpt, the engineering, the packaging (including a mini AFM magazine) blows away anything I've ever seen before.

THEN I scored a Janus resin "Man of a Thousand Faces" model on ebay for a bit over $400. It's already primed, and the crate has already been reinforced so it doesn't warp. It's a good deal of cash, but a lot less than I've seen it go for previously. I can't seem to find a decent buildup of it online, but it's the big 1/6 scale model of Chaney applying fangs to himself and looking in the mirror, surrounded by his makeup kit and three busts (Hunchback, Phantom, London After Midnight). I have a feeling I bought it from someone who visits this board regularly.

AND I'm waiting for a Sassy's Satellite 1/6 scale resin "Cat And The Canary" model in the mail. I'll be building a 'secret passageway" bookshelf for it.

AND I'm waiting for a Geometric "Invasion of the Saucermen" 2-figure model in the mail, for which I'm going to build a diorama.

Then the deluxe "Broadway Dracula" will be arriving, hopefully by the end of summer.

Man, I'm going to be extremely busy/happy over the next few months. And my wife thinks the Janus Chaney model was a steal.

Life is good.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
A loud round of applause for Mr Casey everyone!!! :hat: That's a fine crowd of models you picked up and I envy your luck with the Janus Chaney (its my grail). Glad to hear your comments on the Bride kit too. Hope you have good fun building them sir and I hope your jaw doesn't get stuck from smiling too much. :wave:

Regards,
MattL

·
Laird of Dunans Castle
3,902 Posts
Great scores there, Tim, and heartiest congrats on the Man of a Thousand Faces score!

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Well done mate!!
Especially well done on the Janus Chaney kit!
The BoF kit sounds fantastic! I'll have to pick one up....

Chris.:)

·
Oxidation Genius
31,279 Posts
I'll be getting my Bride as soon as the folks at Next Gen Hobbies get back from vacation. I wanna give the sale to my LHS rather than buy online.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Wow Tim, did you win the model lottery or something??? I'd certainly like to get one of those Chaney resin models but $400 is a bit over my budget and I know they go many times for far more than what you paid. The others you have coming are great as well and I should get my Bride by the end of next week if not earlier. Have fun, I know I am.

·
Registered
861 Posts
AND wifey thought that was a steal? That's a keeper, mate. She have a sister? Actually considering you get Chaney and like, what, 5 busts, not too bad atoll. Congrads. Now get to work.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
$400 is a lot of money, and I've only spent in that range once before (The Janus deluxe Dracula and Bride set when it came out 15 years ago). The money had been piling up in a savings account, and I had a feeling that $400 was the lowest I'd ever find it for, IF I ever found it again. I always wanted that model.

Needless to say, I'm doing a lot of work around the house to keep wifey happy (and believe me, she's taking full advantage of it, with glee).

And I've finally found a good picture of the kit - it's the cover of Amazing Figure Modeler #1!

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
I have that issue of AFM and I'd love to have that kit. If those Janus molds and originals were still around it would be so nice if someone picked them up and started producing some of those great Janus kits again. I guess I can always dream, can't I?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts