Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to put together a list of 1:24 white lightnings. I have a list finished but I have a couple issues with it. I would like to know where these two white lightnings fit in there.
I am almost 100% sure that I saw a Green Superbird White Lightning with White tires in one of the earlier releases. Is there one? When was it released?
There is a 69 Nova on Eb ay with white rims and base. It looks real to me but I don't see it in any release. The only white Nova I recall has white tires and base.
Thanks for any help.
David
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,229 Posts
I just checked Lightninglane and the only Nova is a '66, red, with white tires, but I can't tell from the pic what the base is. It looks like there's three '70 Superbirds, but they are orange, yellow, and a gold plated one.

I'm not an expert on the 1/24 and what's out there, but that's what I was able to find. Hope it helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,815 Posts
I may be wrong on the Nova, but I believe there were two releases on that - one had the white tires and base, and the second one had white rims and base.

For the 1970 Superbird, the lime green was the regular issue and the white lightning is gold chrome with white lightning printed on the tires. :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dadvball said:
I just checked Lightninglane and the only Nova is a '66, red, with white tires, but I can't tell from the pic what the base is. It looks like there's three '70 Superbirds, but they are orange, yellow, and a gold plated one.

I'm not an expert on the 1/24 and what's out there, but that's what I was able to find. Hope it helps.
Thanks for the help. Lightning Lane is way behind on the 1:24 White lightnings. They have about 30 listed. I have 81 on my list. With the 2 that I am asking about there would be 83. Most of my checklist come from looking at johnnylightning.com, my cars, a couple of OLDs, and pocketwockets photo gallery (Thanks BTW).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FastC6Vette said:
I may be wrong on the Nova, but I believe there were two releases on that - one had the white tires and base, and the second one had white rims and base.

For the 1970 Superbird, the lime green was the regular issue and the white lightning is gold chrome with white lightning printed on the tires. :thumbsup:
I have seen both Novas. I have the one with white tires. When did the one with the white rims come out? any idea what release or what cars were with it?

I guess that would be the superbird i am thinking about. But I thought I saw a green one with white tires somewhere.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,815 Posts
davidblaine said:
I have seen both Novas. I have the one with white tires. When did the one with the white rims come out? any idea what release or what cars were with it?

I guess that would be the superbird i am thinking about. But I thought I saw a green one with white tires somewhere.
I am not sure on the Nova. There is definitely not a green Superbird with white tires though, only the orange, yellow, and gold chrome one. There is also a black one in 1:18 scale.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dadvball said:
Wow! I didn't realize they had that many. How many of them have you been able to find?

I dont have that many. That is just how many it on my list. I have only found 10 of them. And traded or bought the others I have. I am up to 27 now with 4 more on their way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FastC6Vette said:
I am not sure on the Nova. There is definitely not a green Superbird with white tires though, only the orange, yellow, and gold chrome one. There is also a black one in 1:18 scale.
There is a new white one too
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
POCKETWOCKET said:
try this....and you can check "My Gallery" for the pics :thumbsup:

Thanks. Our lists are almost exactly alike. Except you actually have the cars. Where does that 69 Nova with white rims and white base fall in there? What are the ones with an x by the series #?
Thanks
David
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,760 Posts
it's always a "work in progress"....the X's represent the series that were on a forecast i once saw but were later changed....they are just part of the history of this line like the cancelled marvel and coke cars....

a far as a nova with white rims/base, was it in the new packaging? if so, it could be another new release hitting the stores....do you have the e-bay item number?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,815 Posts
POCKETWOCKET said:
the wheel/rim combo looks similar to the hemi cuda's....can you shoot me a close up of just the wheel/tire?
That's not my picture, just took it from the auction. It may be a wheel swap, but I can't tell. It brought $37.00 when it ended.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top