Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I'm in Wal-Mart tonite with the family and drop by the die-cast aisle and find the '66 Chevy Nova SS in 1/24. Happy Happy Happy

Get to the register and it won't ring up and they wont let me buy. The assistant manager came over and said he would hold it for me and would research the problem, but I dont think that will happen. Anyone else have this experience?
Is there a release date or something? If so when is it? Anyone with inside info?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
A matter of miscommunication, an increasing trouble in larger corporations...Sorry about the bad experience, I'm sure if the manager cant get it sorted out for you, one will turn up. THere are 2 great OLD's that are sponsorers here that might have it in stock for a good price :thumbsup:

·
Registered
648 Posts
good luck , when the gold series hit the walmart , they didn't ring up . try to tell them they are $4.24 , she went in the back , they came out and said $13.74 , i said no no thats for the 1/24 bigger cars . so i got the car .yes it was a wl , i waited a few days and check the price , and my money back , buy from milezone .lol

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
The 1/24 cars have been a recurring problem for lots of folks. I tried to buy the new package '65 Mustang last month but it didn't ring at the register either. After getting no one to answer the phone in the toy department, the cashier looked to a manager. She asked me what the peg price was, I told her I thought it was $13.75, and she gave it to me for $12. The cashier just had to ring it up differently. Lots of people had trouble buying the Challenger.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
I thought this problem was all done with.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My younger bro went to walmart and wanted to buy the 1/24 '65 mustang the other day and the same thing happened, wouldn't let him buy it. I went back yesterday and see it on the shelf and when I went to buy it it rang up $3.00!!! :)

·
senile old cajun
1,276 Posts
first off WELCOME to ht boards have fun an post often alot of great people here.hope ya get it sorted out.ttfn johnny :thumbsup: :cool:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Must just be a problem with the Nova's I had the same problem a few days ago ...but i just told the cashier how much and she did the override.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Dadvball said:
The 1/24 cars have been a recurring problem for lots of folks.......... Lots of people had trouble buying the Challenger.
In my first attempt, I couldn't by the Challenger R/T. My second attempt, it rang up $7.00! :thumbsup:
The other day I saw the Challenger T/A - SWEEEET! Didn't buy it though... :(

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Everyone complains about the store and their mistakes when it is not to our benefit but when the register rings up the incorrect and very low price does anyone do the honest thing and tell the clerk the price is incorrect and should be higher :( No way we all just cheat the company out of their rightful profit and chalk it up to our good fortune :hat:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I can't say I hate WM. I have found good cars there over the years. There is always gonna be stuff like this that happens. The manager at least is trying to help here. They cannot know every single item in that huge store.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Galaxieman said:
Everyone complains about the store and their mistakes when it is not to our benefit but when the register rings up the incorrect and very low price does anyone do the honest thing and tell the clerk the price is incorrect and should be higher :( No way we all just cheat the company out of their rightful profit and chalk it up to our good fortune :hat:
Any large retail chain factors these unexpected markdowns in their pricing structure. They know items will be sold for the wrong prices, broken in transit, stolen, etc. There are cases where items are incorrectly sold at higher prices, too, by the way.

As far as not mentioning the price being too low, that is a personal choice. I have checked receipts and not gotten the sale price I thought I did, or just had an item ring up a different price than was marked, or on the price tag or shelf. I say it all balances out in the end in most cases.

Can you imagine the look on the store employees faces when you try to convince them you want to pay more for an item? That would be priceless. I will say though, that I have returned money to cashiers that have given me too much in change. I remember what that was like when I was a cashier. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts